I want to get a danelectro bass, a 63 long scale to be exact. I have about $350 and it costs $300. Is there any better bass for less or more than $300?
The Squire VM series are amazing IMO. But i have a softspot for the Dano' 63 and it really sounds unique. Go for the Dano.
Seriously, f*ck off with the R.I.P Dimebag bullsh*t, you dont see the bass forums going R.I.P Jaco everytime some one mentions him!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aHRqY96DI5U

I love the tone of the Longhorn Bruce Thomas is playing here, but its a rather unique tone to be sure. I'd play one a few times before I'd make the leap to purchase.
pm bman10030 he hasnt been on in a while but if he is he'll answer any of your questions he answered mine
Ive played several Dano basses, the longhorn i was not too fond of... it felt odd for some reason. the tone of the 63 was really crunchie, if that helps, its caught somewhere between a jazz bass and a warwick for a good growl.
Seriously, f*ck off with the R.I.P Dimebag bullsh*t, you dont see the bass forums going R.I.P Jaco everytime some one mentions him!
Better hurry man, Dano doesn't produce them anymore. The Longhorn is the '09 model.
Nope, no sig here.
I think Dano basses are cool and are a totally great alternative to the "standard" basses at that price. They are basses, unlike Squiers, that you'll probably keep if and when you get a proper "lifer" bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I'd say go for the Dano. You don't really see them too often, and they're a nice change from the usual Fenders and Ibanez's and such.