I was getting a little buzz with the first couple frets on my guitar, so i decided to go check out my truss rod situation, and loosen it a little, but i think its stripped, i cant get it to move, i dont want to apply too much force incase it goes for good.. any idea? Can this happen, or am i a crackhead. haha, but if it IS stripped, would it be a pain and costly to replace this? or could i do it myself. I dont have too much experience, but with a guide or something, it shouldnt be an issue,
well, the good news is its not stripped. if it were, it would spin like crazy. take it to a pro if it wont move, the truss rod is one thing that u definately dont want to break, cause if u do, it's nearly impossible to replace.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
If it won't move I'd guess it's more likely to be seized than stripped. If its a decent guitar I'd be tempted to take it to a tech and get them to do it this time. They'll soon work out whats up with it, and if they do some damage in the process at least you have some comeback - if you do it yourself and damage it you're screwed.
yeah, Im not gonna fiddle with it anymore incase i DO break something. I dont have a fancy guitar, its a Dean strat-copy. But its the only electric ive got, so maybe i should take it to a tech. Id probably be able to get them to give me a decent setup too right?
^yup. you could get a good setup, which in itself might fix some fret buzz.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
It's normal for truss rods that haven't been adjusted in years to be very hard to get moving. It's ok to use a little force as long as you are sure you are turning it the right direction. If you are not confident then it's best to take it to a pro. Truss rod adjustments are cheap and many will do it for free.
Not taking any online orders.
hmm i guess ill save up some cash and take it to a pro, ive moved the rod before, but i think i tightened it too much or something.. im just gonna take it to a pro.. Thanks for the advice guys.
Last edited by Bran. at Jan 27, 2009,