Right now I play an Ibanez rg that came with standerd emg stock pickups and I play a spider II line 6 but my problem Is i Dont get that great of tone for what I want to play I like to Play shred and my problem is when Im doing a sweep arppegios or fast picking or something or maybe hiting my floyd rose it just sound like crap. How should I set my amp to get better tone? More treble? More Bass? More Mid? More Drive? What is it?
is that the only way to go a new amp? I thought line 6 were good or is that I have the spider II not the III and if thats true what amp should I get?
First of all get real EMG's and then sell your spider and buy a 30 watt used tube amp.

SERIOUSLY
Quote by ILL BisCuiT
First of all get real EMG's and then sell your spider and buy a 30 watt used tube amp.

SERIOUSLY

haha i dont need emg's wit my boogie..but emg's arent bad at all..
The Spider amps aren't particularly good (although some people say the Spider II sounds better than the III) Line 6's good amps start at the Flextone series.

Try boosting your mids, but ultimately a new (or used) amp would be a better sound all around.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
tube = tone
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by nightflight
whats so good about a tube amp?

your jk right?

ok ok i wont be an ass....

they, in general, sound wayyyyyyy better than any digital amp out there

every band you like probably used a tube amp in the studio... if they werent just plain better everyone would be using solid state or digital amps
Quote by nightflight
whats so good about a tube amp?

everything...IF you know what to get
whats a good tube amp? I also have a peavy Vypr except I cant practice with that cause its at my friends house for band practice and Im stuck with my Spider II which sort of sucks!
i use a scooped tone on mine
its keeps my sweeps pretty clean
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by nightflight
whats a good tube amp? I also have a peavy Vypr except I cant practice with that cause its at my friends house for band practice and Im stuck with my Spider II which sort of sucks!

budget? location? if you get a tube amp, you should use it at band practice and keep the vypyr for bedroom playing
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.