Ok, I think I know the answer but I need some help BEFORE I go play this amp.
I have a dude that wants to swap a Randall RGT 100 Tube head and 2x12 Madison cab with Madison Minstrel speakers for my Line 6 Spider II 210 combo.

I play primarily Metal (Godsmack, Metallica, Sabbath etc. ) thru a Epi Les Paul with EMG 81 / 85 combo but I also need versatility.
I have NO knowledge of this amp or these speakers any Suggestions? Recomendations?
Thanks!
Attachments:
Head & Cabnet.JPG
Last edited by showey at Jan 27, 2009,
I'm pretty sure it's a hybrid, not tube, but either way it'll be infinitely better than your Spider.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
He says he had new tubes installed 3 months ago. I just can't really find much out there on this head.
I'm almost entirely sure that it's an all-tube amp, not hybrid as was suggested earlier. It says "tube" right on it, and I think that the "T" in "RGT" stands for tube.

As far as I know, those are pretty highly regarded amps by Randall enthusiasts. They supposedly nail 80s metal tones like a dream. If that guy wants to trade you for a Spider, snatch that deal up like a mountain lion snatches up a baby left on a bike trail.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Welp, I'm gonna play it tonight after work and see how she sounds. I believe its somewhat of a collectors / vintage item so we'll see. I also belive I am going to need an attenuator for this beast. (100W, 6L6's and 12ax7's it's going to be TOO loud, isn't it?)
At minimum can someone explain removing tubes (in pairs) to reduce output? I am still a little fuzzy on what change will need to be made to the cab.
Thanks!
Attachments:
Speaker.JPG
Last edited by showey at Jan 28, 2009,
Well I can tell you from owning a 50W Randall RGT combo that you will not be disappointed in the tone for your style.

Only bad part about mine is it is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDD. Practicing with a full band playing death metal I cant turn it up past 3...no joke this amp doesnt mess around with volume but it is a great amp.

I would however get either a new cab with Celestion speakers or put some into that one. My combo came with a 12" Seventy-80 and it sounds pretty much like what you're looking for I believe.
Elitists and Hypocrites
Quote by CSUTremonti777
Well I can tell you from owning a 50W Randall RGT combo that you will not be disappointed in the tone for your style.

Only bad part about mine is it is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDD. Practicing with a full band playing death metal I cant turn it up past 3...no joke this amp doesnt mess around with volume but it is a great amp.

I would however get either a new cab with Celestion speakers or put some into that one. My combo came with a 12" Seventy-80 and it sounds pretty much like what you're looking for I believe.

This amp isn't the head version of the RG50TC. The head version of the RG50TC is the RH50T.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
WTF, that guy is an idiot.

Good find!!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
LOL, he says its just TOO loud for his apartmentt (and Fiance')
I dont thing he knows what an attenuator is. At least I hope not i'll find out at 6:30 tonight when he brings it over for me to play (free delivery too!)
Quote by Vandals572
This amp isn't the head version of the RG50TC. The head version of the RG50TC is the RH50T.

I wasnt saying it was the head version...its the same series as mine and the tone is going to be very similar to the one I own.

Anyways thats even better if its free delivery...this guy sounds as dumb as the guy who traded me my RG50TC for my Marshall MG half stack.

Gotta love stupid people dont ya?
Elitists and Hypocrites
Well Crap, Played it, hated it. FULL gain and volume at 5 and I was standing 4 feet in front of it. no prob, sounded like a pillow over the front of it on the dirty channell. Clean was good (and louder) but SOMETHING is wrong I think. On / Off / Standby switch is STRANGE.
Stanby is at the bottom, off in the center and on at the top?? If it sounds too good to be true.......... Here are a couple of pics...
He's asking to trade for a 2-10 or a 212 combo amp (any kind) or 600.00 cash
Attachments:
Randall.jpg
amp-back.jpg
cab.jpg