Hey, does anyone know how much it'd be to buy and Emergency brake? I'm buying a late 80's Firebird and the e-brake doesnt work. Does anyone know what would be a good place to get one, and how much it would be to buy and have it installed?
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
more like an emergency make the car smell funny lever.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
*Emergency Brakes: Do Not Use.* /flawed ref
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
sometimes i wonder why people come to a guitar forum to ask questions like this...

seriously. call a garage and ask them. or try an automotive forum.
Which part of the emergency brake are you talking about? It isn't just some magical handle that you pull and it stops the rear wheels from spinning...you know that right?
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Quote by daytripper75
sometimes i wonder why people come to a guitar forum to ask questions like this...

seriously. call a garage and ask them. or try an automotive forum.

tripper's right.
If it has manual transmission just leave it in 1st when you park and the car wont move

Quick fix if you cant find the parts your looking for
Gotta have a handbrake to drift!

And yeah, depends on what exactly you need done

Why?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Cyanide176
Handbrake

E brake sounds stupid

You're right, never realized how stupid I was by calling it an E-brake. Ha, sounds rediculous.

calm down about the forum, I asked because theres got to be someone who knows. Thats why the pit was made wasnt it, for everything other than guitar? Back off a little

It's not a manual. I mean the entire system. The cables, the physical lever, everything. I havent gone down to check the car out yet, I dont know if it doesnt have one if it got taken out or if the one it has just doesnt work. Thinking for the worst though, I mean the entire system. If anyones bought one before, It'd be awesome if you could tell me if you bought it a shop or wherever and the cost. Or, I could call a shop, have them tell me they cant help me or that they can do it for $300 more than it should be.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Quote by Pencil Man

Why?

Because I have mp LP Custom, Jackson and Marshall! I really dont need anything else, but I've always wanted a Firebird. I could buy a guitar just and not play it just cause I've got the money, or I could buy the car that I've always wanted.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Quote by LastCaress88
Because I have mp LP Custom, Jackson and Marshall! I really dont need anything else, but I've always wanted a Firebird. I could buy a guitar just and not play it just cause I've got the money, or I could buy the car that I've always wanted.

I didn't mean it it like that. I was trying to be funny like I didn't know that you were talking about a car. Like, "Why would you put a handbrake on a guitar?" You see?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
I didn't mean it it like that. I was trying to be funny like I didn't know that you were talking about a car. Like, "Why would you put a handbrake on a guitar?" You see?

haha, gotcha. Flew right over me, but that was pretty clever. I didnt even think of Firebird in a guitar aspect.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Last edited by LastCaress88 at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by Pencil Man

He needs it so that his guitar doesn't roll away while he has it parked on a hill.

Gawd, people are so stupid these days....

/sarcasm.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
*bows* now that thats out of the way... make way for the serious posts.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Man its gonna cost you more then $300 bucks, I was looking into getting just the brake part of the assembly and it was gonna cost me over 300 bucks. I was going to put it in with somebody as well so the labour was free
Firebird? Bitchin'

Look on eBay or Craig's List or something. Maybe even your local Junk Yard
██████████████████████████████
Quote by Cyanide176
If it has manual transmission just leave it in 1st when you park and the car wont move

Quick fix if you cant find the parts your looking for

You're going to get your transmission fcked up really quick that way.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||