Ok, so I've got an old Peavy Transtube 212. It's got a blown speaker; what kind of speaker should I get to replace the blown one?
But there's also opportunity for me to buy and old Line 6 Ax2 2x12 100w amp.
Which should I go for?

Also, I need a new distortion pedal. I play predominatly metal, i.e. Trivium, Killswitch, stuff like that.
Thanks for the help.

Oh, if it helps, my main guitar is an ESP LTD MH-103QM.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Personally, I'd get the new speaker for the Peavey. First, because I like Peaveys. Second, because buying a new speaker will be cheaper. I would say maybe a Celestion Greenback.

I'm not too sure on a pedal for metal. Maybe a Metal Zone? Or something by Line6? EDIT: Or a Metal Muff.

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jan 27, 2009,
get an amp with good distortion, dont rely on pedals

Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
get a good amp and if you need to boost it with an OD pedal such as digitech bad monkey
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ