So, I've been self-teaching myself for about a year and i feel like i'm stuck now. I can play a lot of riffs and a decent amount of solos, but i still can't get up to the speed needed to play solos like the afterlife and beast and the harlot solo. I hear a lot about using a metronome, but i don't own one or know how this would exactly work.

Thanx
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Get a teacher. It does wonders for ones playing. It really does.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
practice it slow first. then keep trying to get it faster until its up to speed with the recording.
I'll burn your house down.
Im getting a teacher next months, lessons set up and everything already, i just want to start myself on a good path now instead of wasting some time not getting anywhere
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Well, how's your technique? Where on the back of the neck is your thumb? Are you cupping your hand around it or is your palm loose? Are you using your pinky? Basic stuff like that.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Well, it might help if you were self teaching yourself with music other than A7X...not that they're horrible, but if you go to a teacher and say "I want to be able to play this solo on their song," you won't get as much out of the lessons...

I'd recommend looking into Petrucci's Rock Discipline video, really helps build speed and accuracy, but as with anything, you really just need to take it slow and gradually speed it up...

-TFA
I tried getting a teacher for once about a year ago, but it didn't really work out as at the time I was only focussed on learning songs rather than technique. I found that while I eventually was able to play stuff like a7x and other bands that I happend to enjoy, I still didn't find it any easier to learn the next song. If you get a teacher make sure you try to get them to explain how to play something and apply it rather than just how to "play it for this song". Hope it works out.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
practice works wonders... im only playin about a year n 4 months n the afterlife solo isnt that hard, although its not that clear when i play it, i decided it was too *unversatile?* so im workin on cliffs of dover instead and making huge gains in my playing exeptionally fast im suprised actually
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO