I'm buying my very first capo and am trying to decide between the Shubb Deluxe or the G7th Performance. I searched this board and found a lot of good comments about both of these so I'll probably be happy with either one. The cost isn't a problem for me (I know there are cheaper capos out there but I want the best).

I don't gig at all and I'll be using this on a PRS SE Semi-Hollowbody electric guitar and possibly just a standard accoustic guitar in the future if I decide to buy an accoustic.

It sounds like the Shubb is used by more pros but the G7th seems easier to put on and remove so I'm not sure which I should buy.

Thanks for any feedback!
To me, a capo's a capo. There's not much difference in them except how you put them on. If it holds down all strings and there's no buzzing, price shouldn't really matter, should it?

I'd go with a cheap one. But since you insist, do the one that is easier to take on and off, in case you do start gigging.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
To me, a capo's a capo. There's not much difference in them except how you put them on. If it holds down all strings and there's no buzzing, price shouldn't really matter, should it?

I'd go with a cheap one. But since you insist, do the one that is easier to take on and off, in case you do start gigging.

Thanks...yeh, you're probably right that I don't need to spend that much money (and how often do you play with a capo on in the first place)? Maybe some people do a lot but I would probably only be doing it for a few songs so I might go with something a bit cheaper around $15 or something.
I have the G7th and its awesome. I don't know a lot about the shubb, but if it is spring loaded, I would avoid it. Spring loaded capos can bend your strings slightly sharp whereas the G7th presses only as hard as you make it.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
I have the G7th and its awesome. I don't know a lot about the shubb, but if it is spring loaded, I would avoid it. Spring loaded capos can bend your strings slightly sharp whereas the G7th presses only as hard as you make it.

Yeh, the Shubb is spring loaded (at least it looks like it in the photos) but it seems like so many more pros use that one than the G7th...
Quote by stevem326
Thanks...yeh, you're probably right that I don't need to spend that much money (and how often do you play with a capo on in the first place)? Maybe some people do a lot but I would probably only be doing it for a few songs so I might go with something a bit cheaper around $15 or something.

I use it every day, every time I sing. I don't have much of a range .

I just have some spring loaded acoustic capo thing. It works fine. But if you have the money, i guess you could buy a better one and it last forever. I don't abuse my cheap and it should last a while anyway. But just make sure you're not overpaying for a toy that you rarely use

Quote by Roast Beef
Index finger.
sorry i'm not familiar with any high end capos

Usually barre chords ftw, but sometimes it's better to just whip a capo on a fret and play a song like it should be, just a few frets higher

The shubb works really well for me. I don't have tuning issues with it either.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by echo_4190
The shubb works really well for me. I don't have tuning issues with it either.

+1. First I used a cheap capo, but it only gave me headaches so I got a Shubb and it has done everything I've needed to. Works perfectly on both my Parker NiteFly M and my Seagull Folk.
Quote by stevem326
Yeh, the Shubb is spring loaded (at least it looks like it in the photos) but it seems like so many more pros use that one than the G7th...

The Shubb has been around MUCH longer
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
So because pros use it, it is better?
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
The g7th is the easiest to use by FAR in my experience
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Greenwood991
So because pros use it, it is better?

Not necessarily better but it is an indication that it's probably a pretty decent product if so many pros use it. But it's entirely possible you could use a capo for half the price and it would be just as good.
Look at the G7th Nashville (available at sweetwater.com)...
It's similar (spring-loaded) to the shubb, but with G7th design and results. I use one, and I love it...plus it's a beautiful capo.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I have both and to be honest, once you've used both for a while you realise that a capo's a capo. As long as it's a decent one, it'll do the job.
QUIT BUMPING YEAR OLD THREADS.

kthxbai
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.