is anyone in a guitar program in university or college in canada or planning on entering one? im going to be applying to places soon so id like to find out about the different schools. so far im going to be applying to humber and york but id like to get some other options in there too to be safe.

thanks
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
Wells there's Selkirk in Nelson, BC, UBC and Capilano in Vancouver, Mcgill in Montreal, Grant Mcewan in Edmonton. With Selkirk you can do a transfer course for Berklee where Steve Vai teaches. Most of these schools focus on classical and jazz styles of guitar. With Selkirk, they are very open to different styles other then those two.
I'm not in any programs for guitar but i've been talking to a couple people about it and Mcgill, Capilano and Selkirk seem to be the most popular.
Thanks for the info man. I'm looking for something jazz specificed prefferably, at least more so than classical anyway. I'll look into those schools.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
My friend takes classical up near Orillia and really likes it. He says they have a lot of really good teachers come in and teach things.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
I've heard that Humber College is the best for jazz, in Ontario at least. I'm not in any guitar program, I don't even go to that school, but this is what I've heard. I don't think you even need formal lessons for admittance, you just need to play at the grade 8 Conservatory level.