Page 1 of 2
I bought an ESP the other day, retailed about 800, I go and take it to get set up and (I didn't notice it, nor did the authorized dealer) but their was a god damn ****ing crack in the neck. Set neck, discontinued model, not worth the hassle. Had to take it back. Now I'm stuck with 350 dollars, and at this point in my life I've got basically all I need for a 17 year old kid, and I'd rather not shell out this money for a piece of ****, poorly made starter guitar.

my
life
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
so you gave it back, but didnt get your money back? lol that was bright
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
If you spent 800 bucks, why do you only have 350 left?
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
So you bought it for 800 and got 350 when you took it back? Not right man... Tell them there was a problem with it.
dude, that totally doesn't make sense.
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Yeah, I'm confused about the math here. If you really got 350 back for a broken 800, then you should take the 350 and buy a nail gun. A nice cordless one, and then shoot yourself in the foot until you learn some sense.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
My bad guys, forget to mention I bought it used for 350 but it was about an 800 dollar guitar.

I have a right to bitch, the RG crapped out on me too so I'm stuck with my 99 Dean vendentta.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

so you got your money back? whats there to bitch about wtf

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Nevermind.
Save up.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Yea, complain, make a scene
embarrass the store manager
either
1. He'll give you your refund out of pure embarrassment
or
2. You'll be laughed out of the store by the manager, the employees, and any spiteful customers currently patronizing the shop
but hey, thats why God created other music stores
EDIT: oh, it was used and you actually paid 350...
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
dude you totally just complained about buying a guitar really cheap. if its that cheap compared to retail always suspect something is wrong
so you are whining because you got your money back?

haha, no sympathy over here! why don't you just take the $350 a put a payment on a guitar you actually like. even if you don't have the rest of the money right now, you may as well work towards something you'll enjoy.
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Uhh... You got your money back? What a tragedy...
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Then save up. Every guitarist faces a setback or three. Don't let it get to you. Take me, for example. I want to record and gig with my band, because I don't have the money to get a new amp. Setback. But I don't let it bother me.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
I'm bitching about how basically 350 bucks is a decent chunk of money but every guitar in that area I get seems to crap out easily. >.> I don't get much money of my own, full time student and I ****ed up a bit in highschool so between the workload and time, I can't hold down a job at the moment. The money was a gift, so.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

save your money up and get a good quality guitar. gibson's have lifetime warranties as do most good quality guitars.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
so dont waste the gift if money is hard to come by, i dont feel any sympathy im also a student and im getting by. i also dont waste money on guitars when i run out of money.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
So your complaining about returning a guitar and getting a refund. Pathetic. =/

Save up $100 more and get an HSS MIM strat. As long as you don't treat it like crap it'll last, and the HSS setup gives a bridge humbucker nd mid and neck single-coils. It always seems like a good idea IMO, especially now that the HSS strats have coil tap for the classic mid-bridge tone.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
i got my esp for bout 300 and its is still in great condition
its an ltd v100
and ive had it for 4 yrs now
Quote by ReinventingEvil
My bad guys, forget to mention I bought it used for 350 but it was about an 800 dollar guitar.
I have a right to bitch, the RG crapped out on me too so I'm stuck with my 99 Dean vendentta.

this shoud of tipped you off instantly. used guitars that are good don't go for cheap unless their is a defect.
i have 20 dollars and a crappy amp right now that i can't use with my new guitar because it can't handle it's lows (7-string). So, i can't play decent sounding music with it until i get a better amp. I'm 17 but i don't bitch when something doesn't go my way, save you're money like i did to get my guitar stuff, which took a year or so until i found what i wanted on sale. Sell your other stuff that you don't use, save money from anything you get and don't buy random things you don't need and you'll get there... and as a guitarist never say you hate guitar.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
you cant bitch about how you ****ed up in high school, you deal with the hand your delt, **** i dropped out of high school, got my GED grew my hair and now im a high paid operator for a chemical company that EVERYONE knows DOW! you got your money back, yes 350 dollars is a lot of money, but if your going to buy used your going to have to face the fact that it MIGHT just crap the F U C K out on you. use that 350 and upgrade that 99 Dean Vendetta and itll probably be alot better than most guitars that you can get brand new.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Upgrade one of your current guitars? You should do this instead of complaining over the internet.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Hey Man

I feel your pain completely. Especially the crapping out in high school thing.lol. But if you want my opinion. Save the money, try to scrape your money together as much as possible and take your time with it and get a tremonti se. You can get one used for like 450-500. Or, you could take a look at schechter guitars.

Just shop around and find a deal, but remember if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is...

Keep the love of music alive,

Bluesman
was it a real crack or just a finish crack?

i had a crack in a rather nice les paul copy but it was just a finish crack so it had no effect on the actual guitar itself. just kinda lifted a bit if i had a lot of relief on the neck. (which i didn't cause the fretwork and action was amazing)

also, how did your RG crap out? most guitars can be easily fixed, unless it was split in half or lit on fire for an extended amount of time..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Jan 28, 2009,
jesus, life is hard for you, maybe when you end up almost loosing $1200 then you will have something to bitch about and people will listen.

kids these days, no idea how lucky they are to have the money they are spending......
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by aradine
jesus, life is hard for you, maybe when you end up almost loosing $1200 then you will have something to bitch about and people will listen.

kids these days, no idea how lucky they are to have the money they are spending......

So agreed.

If they came to the neighbourhood/situation where I live, they would die within a week with such attitude.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
With that money you could get a China-made Epi. At least you have some warranty there...
I failed to feel your sympathy.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
So you got the guitar,it had a problem,and you returned it for the full purchase price?

Uhm WTF is the problem there? You should be glad you at least got your cash back and learned a valuable lesson about the used market.People get cheated out of thousands and you're complaining about getting your money back? Honestly,grow up a bit and don't whine on the internet,because this is the result you get.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

dude we all make mistakes guitar wise...dont freaking sweat it. take me for instance...i got graduation money....and instead of saving it up over the summer and see how much i wouldve gotten from all my friends and family....the first 800 bucks i got i went out and just bought a guitar. by the end of the summer had i saved my money i wouldve had about 1400 bucks....and ive been wanting a gibson sg for a while....so yeah im an idiot. instead of stewing about it i dealt with it, put some gibsons in the guitar and made it into a gigging guitar...something that sounds good but i can use it instead of my gibson lp (i would die if something happened to it).
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Orange Tiny Terror with 1x12 cab
Big Muff
Vox Clyge McCoy Wah Pedel
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by ReinventingEvil
I bought an ESP the other day, retailed about 800, I go and take it to get set up and (I didn't notice it, nor did the authorized dealer) but their was a god damn ****ing crack in the neck. Set neck, discontinued model, not worth the hassle. Had to take it back. Now I'm stuck with 350 dollars, and at this point in my life I've got basically all I need for a 17 year old kid, and I'd rather not shell out this money for a piece of ****, poorly made starter guitar.

my
life

[a] this is your fault and you should've checked it before you walked out with it
you should've demanded your money back
[c] ESP makes kickass guitars - go play a jackson if you're gonna bitch and want something cheap
[d] set necks can be replaced by an authorized technician
Quote by Fame will come!
Hey Man

I feel your pain completely. Especially the crapping out in high school thing.lol. But if you want my opinion. Save the money, try to scrape your money together as much as possible and take your time with it and get a tremonti se. You can get one used for like 450-500. Or, you could take a look at schechter guitars.

Just shop around and find a deal, but remember if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is...

Keep the love of music alive,

Bluesman

^
this

I just started about a month ago, and I got a tremonti SE. I love it. they're $499 new, but I got mine used from the owner already upgraded to the tremonti pickups. I paid $400 including cross country shipping.
Quote by ReinventingEvil
I'm bitching about how basically 350 bucks is a decent chunk of money but every guitar in that area I get seems to crap out easily. >.> I don't get much money of my own, full time student and I ****ed up a bit in highschool so between the workload and time, I can't hold down a job at the moment. The money was a gift, so.

$350 (£244) may be a decent chunk of money but it probably won't get you anything past a starter guitar.

Just out of interest, what model ESP was it?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Dude, it's your fault that you didn't notice the crack in the neck. You spent the money and got it back.. I don't see what the big deal is, other than your bad attitude and your mom and dad's bad parenting skills.
You're lucky you even got your money back - they could easily have laid that crack on you, or just given you a store credit.

Look for another second hand guitar around the same price if you're that paranoid about cheaper guitars crapping out. Or spend the dosh fixing the RG - can u deduce the problem with it better than just saying 'it crapped out'? Perhaps you just need to spend 20mins learning how to solder? I know we live in an era of disposable products, but generally, the electronics of guitars are not hard to suss out and fix...

And be prepared: life gets alot harder than this =D
ok go back and pickout another nice guitar for $350
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Page 1 of 2