Can the drug dogs smell Tobacco? I told my friend they couldn't but he says they can?
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
yea, but theyre probably not trained to identify it. even humans can smell tobacco, and we have a crappy sense of smell. the dogs just ignore it.

sometimes, zugunruhe is helpful.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Of course they can smell tobacco. It has a scent. They just are not trained to have a violent reaction to such.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Yeah, but they won't freak out on you. Tobacco smoke stays in your clothes like you wouldn't believe.
Quote by AeroRocker
Of course they can smell tobacco. It has a scent. They just are not trained to have a violent reaction to such.

Thats what I meant. Not that they can smell it but that they have a reaction to it.
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
Quote by Foible776
Thats what I meant. Not that they can smell it but that they have a reaction to it.

you could train a dog to have a reaction and identify tobacco. its just that no one does, because soccer moms havent yet made tobacco illegal.
well, they won't react to it, but sure they can smell it.

did you stipulate that they had to react to the smell when you made the bet? because if you didn't then you just technically lost.
The way they train drug dogs is to scent their toy with the drug, so when the dog smells drugs, it flips out because it thinks it's play time.

They do not scent the toy with legal drugs.
Hitler: "My Dog's got no nose."

Patriotic German Youth: "How does he smell?"

Hitler: "Aweful!"
Last edited by Captain Insano at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by -Collapse-
The way they train drug dogs is to scent their toy with the drug, so when the dog smells drugs, it flips out because it thinks it's play time.

They do not scent the toy with legal drugs.

this is why i always tell people to get their pets addicted to cigarettes. if that dog was smoking a pack a day, you bet he would have a reaction.