Delete multiple words out of text that aren't connected? Shift clicking or something? I'm on a mac btw
You mean this when deleteing mulitple at the time that not connected
then is easy!
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
like the same word?

like say you want delete the word "fap" out of a work resume? your looking for a quick way to delete the word fap and all the times it appears in the resume?

or different words
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Of all the places to teleport, you chose a huge ball of fire?
You fools!

OK say I have this written.

Number 1: atodugfodug
Number 2: tfgdfgdfgdfg

and I want to delete "Number 1" and "Number 2" but not the other text
then you go find number 1 highlight it and delete it

then go find number 2 highlight it and delete it

what else do you want? i mean if there was something like find and replace for that it would take you longer typing in number 1 and 2 then it would just to find and delete them
Quote by Alter-Bridge
select the first, then hold down the command key and select the second. (I have a mac so i know what i'm doing)
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by cpt jaredkent
then you go find number 1 highlight it and delete it

then go find number 2 highlight it and delete it

what else do you want? i mean if there was something like find and replace for that it would take you longer typing in number 1 and 2 then it would just to find and delete them

LMFAO, yeah but

OK, you guys know how itunes works right? In itunes if you want to select multiple songs that aren't next to each other, you hold shift, and click them, and you can delete them without having to do them one at a time, I was simply wondering if there was a function like this for text? There should be if there isn't
Quote by muse-ik
select the first, then hold down the command key and select the second. (I have a mac so i know what i'm doing)

hahaha sure you do, that didn't work at all
Quote by fattyDQ
LMFAO, yeah but

OK, you guys know how itunes works right? In itunes if you want to select multiple songs that aren't next to each other, you hold shift, and click them, and you can delete them without having to do them one at a time, I was simply wondering if there was a function like this for text? There should be if there isn't

first off just to clear things up for anyone, you mean command (or ctrl for PC).

shift would select all the songs between the two songs you picked.

but anyway. I have a mac but try the command trick on word documents that guy above says he knows what hes talking about

EDIT: i guess he didn't know what he was talking about

just hit delete twice. I don't think theres a way otherwise.

either hit an extra key (command) or hit an extra key (delete again)

take your pick they are essentially the same, your hitting 2 keys and some mouse either way (command +a couple clicks + delete, or a click + delete + a click+ delete)

its gonna be the same
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Last edited by cpt jaredkent at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by cpt jaredkent
first off just to clear things up for anyone, you mean command (or ctrl for PC).

shift would select all the songs between the two songs you picked.

but anyway. I have a mac but try the command trick on word documents that guy above says he knows what hes talking about

Well he's wrong
I thought it was hold down ctrl (maybe that's the mac key) to select multiples and shift is like select a top item, hold shift, select a bottom item, and the whole list will be highlighted.
Geez, as much as I like Macs I could never deal with one
Quote by fattyDQ
Well he's wrong

read my edit
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Quote by GHTransfer
I thought it was hold down ctrl (maybe that's the mac key) to select multiples and shift is like select a top item, hold shift, select a bottom item, and the whole list will be highlighted.
Geez, as much as I like Macs I could never deal with one

yes your right, he switched shift and ctrl by mistake.

and the command button on macs and the ctrl button on PCs are essentially the exact same thing, macs aren't hard to use at all. PC users just like to create problems that don't really exist
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I'm interested in the direction this post is going....
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Well shift doesn't work either. Lmao why don't you guys just not post advice unless it's going to be useful?
Quote by Shirate
I'm interested in the direction this post is going....

yup its walking straight down the path of a PC v. Mac War

and thats a slippery slope you can't get out of
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Quote by fattyDQ
Well shift doesn't work either. Lmao why don't you guys just not post advice unless it's going to be useful?

who said shift would work?
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Are you using a word processor, like MS Office?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by fattyDQ

I have some advice. Instead of wasting time waiting for responses in this dumbass thread, you could have just done it.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
I have some advice. Instead of wasting time waiting for responses in this dumbass thread, you could have just done it.

hahaha
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Quote by fattyDQ

Here's some advice.....
We tried some stuff, it didn't work, tuff titty. Go figure it out elsewhere, or don't. I don't care, just get the **** out of here, and stop wasting our time. You ever thought that maybe there is no good advice, bc there IS NO WAY TO DO IT!
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

1) there is no way to do it. ^^^^ he's right
2) why not go on the apple site and ask them. Thats what I do. I go to apple for my mac questions. And I go to UG for my guitar questions
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Quote by cpt jaredkent
1) there is no way to do it. ^^^^ he's right
2) why not go on the apple site and ask them. Thats what I do. I go to apple for my mac questions. And I go to UG for my guitar questions

THIS!!!!!!!
And I wouldn't have gotten pissed if you didn't insult our intelligence. Just a side note.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Quote by Shirate
THIS!!!!!!!
And I wouldn't have gotten pissed if you didn't insult our intelligence. Just a side note.

just to clear things up, your talking about the OP right? haha I don't think i insulted your intelligence. I guess i'm insulting my own right now though
Quote by Alter-Bridge