So I was going through a job application to apply for store manager of a certain retail store. One of the questions is management experience.

Now I was never a manager, since this is my first time applying for such a position, but I have taken both Management and Small Business Management classes while in college. Would that be something you can count as work experience and put down about a year experience, or would it have to be actual work experience as a manager?
Go ahead and write it down as college courses. Plus you will get an interview, you can elaborate.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
just tell them you've got alotta experience. they'll never check and your expected to lie.
I would prolly put in down in like an education/other qualifications area.

I would put down like the time you were a leader in some sort of student group/ some sort of project in work experence.
there should be a field for education and certification and stuff. put it there.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
Quote by SacredxSuperman
So I was going through a job application to apply for store manager of a certain retail store. One of the questions is management experience.

Now I was never a manager, since this is my first time applying for such a position, but I have taken both Management and Small Business Management classes while in college. Would that be something you can count as work experience and put down about a year experience, or would it have to be actual work experience as a manager?

First off, don't write down classes as "work experience". Tell them you've taken classes that can qualify you for the job.

Second, I'm not sure how much you learned in your classes so I have no idea whether or not you're ready to be the store manager (I'm assuming it's a somewhat large store? For something like Wal Mart you might wanna apply as a manager for a department. But if you're applying at a small retail store, then perhaps you'll be just fine.