How do i get one made? How much is it gona cost? Does gibson do it? It's kinda bullsh!t that your payin a few grand, and you only get a choice of red and black. I'd really like a nice orange or dark blue but no such luck. I'm obvously buying it for the sound, but it would still be nice to have an sg that doesn't look like every other sg, without spending an extra couple thousand dollars for some ridiculouslly priced high end guitar that im not looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
Get a luthier to sand/repaint it?
Or you could paint it yourself.
One would cost a couple hundred and take no work, where the other one would probably only cost maybe $30/$40 but take a hell of a lot of work and might not come out too sell
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
The Gibson SG 'Supreme' series (i think thats what its called) comes in a blue kinda colour, among other cool colours. The rhythm guitarist in my band plays a blue SG, its really nice to play, but yeah, i don't know if it costs extra or anything like that
also, the sg diablo is kind of orangish/redish. It might not be what you want but maybe it's worth a look:
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
^i freakin love that guitar

edit: nice avatar by the way gucio, I love protest
Last edited by west nile at Jan 28, 2009,
A good luthier will charge you upwards of $400 to refinish a guitar properly.

You can do it yourself with stain and acryllic lacquer spraybombs.

Someone in the GB&C will make you a custom guitar for about a grand or more.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
basically what everyone has said, it'll cost you a good bit of money to get a gutiar painted right, but, you could do it yourself with greater risk to ruining its devenair good looks, and if you do paint it orange, Which would look sexy, get gold hardware, ascettically it looks better (like the diablo) if you have yellow and orange, than orange and silver, and unless you're going to be doing covers of songs from the nightmare before christmas don't use black hardware with it, and for the navy blue use silver or chrome or nickel whatever the silver hardware is made from
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Yea, I really dont want to try it myself after dropping a couple grand into a guitar, I'd rather just leave it, but i cant get that transparent saphire blue out of my head. Also, ive looked at the supreme, its not bad, but not exactly what i was looking for, plus im not sure about the 57's it comes with. Where would i find a good luthier and what kinds of prices am i lookin at?
i think it goes,
buy wood and parts fro LP Addict
Buy parts from Invader jim
and buy guitars from Otter but theres a / through the "O"
or something like that
just PM one of them i think LP addict is the one who builds them, but in a thread yesterday he charges 700 for the labor and what not and i think you have to buy all the parts seperately from that from him or someone else,
and not to take away from his gaining of money you could try Warmoth.com they sell precut bodies, necks, hardware and everything, then you can put it all together and paint it how you like, although it will be bolt on
so id say less than a 1000 through a website like warmoth
around a 1000 from UGs, but i think he does neck throughs as i said just PM him
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
they used to do a range of blues specials and there was the blue supremes
i think the only blue one currently is the elliot easton sig
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.