Well my amp's on-board distortion isn't cutting it, and no one seems to want to buy it. So I might as well make do.

I mostly play hard rock and punk, I was thinking of the MI Audio Crunch Box, but I'm going to Guitar Center Saturday to try some out. Any suggestions while I'm there?
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
get a tubescreamer. that along with the onboard gain channel should be more then enough. if that STILL isnt enough..its time for either new pickups or a new guitar..
Are you wanting to sell one of your amps?

Anyways, new tubes always makes a difference, but a good overdrive pedal would be good thing to get.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah, I would like to sell it and get a Laney AOR, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. It's a Crate V33, the gain channel past 11 o'clock is pretty muddy and unusable. I will try new tubes too.

I'm okay with overdrive or distortion, it still distorts the signal or however you want to put it. I do have my Handsome Devil, but I want to give the Crate a little more time to settle in, I'm hoping pedals will help.
Last edited by Mr.Camo at Jan 28, 2009,
Well, if the price is right, I might look into it closer in the future
I'd fiddle around with your preamp tubes a bit.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Well, if the price is right, I might look into it closer in the future
I'd fiddle around with your preamp tubes a bit.

Well, I'm looking for around 200-300 (preferably around $300), it only has about 6-9 hours of play time, but I'm not right here to sell it to you now.

I'll go to GC, plug into a tube amp, and fiddle around with different OD's and Distortions still, I just wanted ideas on what to try..

Alright.
I'd definitely give that Crunch Box a shot, because it's very good as a standalone distortion, but it can do a kinda clean boost too. Look into tubescreamers, digitech's hardwire series, stuff like that. Maybe even clean boosts.
Also, make sure that you're playing at a decent volume.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Alright.
I'd definitely give that Crunch Box a shot, because it's very good as a standalone distortion, but it can do a kinda clean boost too. Look into tubescreamers, digitech's hardwire series, stuff like that. Maybe even clean boosts.
Also, make sure that you're playing at a decent volume.

I'm not sure if GC carries MI Audio, but I'll be sure to give out TS's and Digitech out. Don't worry, I'm not afraid to turn it up.
Try the Fulltone GT500...problem solved!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
English Muffin is the favorite on my pedal board. Proco Rat2 is great for classic crunch. The Muffin sounds more airy and open than all of my other pedals.