Only have one other thread and it's in the hardcore forum WHICH IS WRONG WRONG WRONG.
http://www.myspace.com/rosefuneral
Boo-hoo, they have breakdowns.
They belong here.
They remind me of Black Dahlia Murder. A lot.
Really digging their new album, The Resting Sonata.
Lol, I love how any -core influenced band that the metal forum happens to like is allowed to be discussed in here.

But on topic: I dont know what to say but "meh", they're talented I supposed, more progressive than alot of the deathcore around, just not my cup of tea.
^That's how it works unfortunately. If we like them, they can stay. It's pretty sad.
Anyway, these guys only core influence in their breakdowns which are no where near as common as most core bands.
Niiiice a RF thread. Crucify Kill Rot was a real badass album. God's Hideous Creation has got to be my favorite tune by them.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Ehh... They're okay to me. Although... The vocals get annoying sometimes. There's the only downside.
Quote by Magero
^That's how it works unfortunately. If we like them, they can stay. It's pretty sad.
Anyway, these guys only core influence in their breakdowns which are no where near as common as most core bands.

No, I'm sorry, you're wrong. It doesn't matter whether a band is good or bad by someone's standards in terms of what genre it is.

They belong in the Hardcore forum, go cry.
Max, stop being a douche. That IS how the metal forum works. All Shall Perish are allowed in here. BTBAM are allowed in here. The Faceless are allowed in here. You know why? BECAUSE THE METAL FORUM LIKES THEM. But no, JFAC are in the hardcore forum, despite being straight up death metal now. No, that doesn't matter, BCUZ THERE GHEY CORE. All the other deathcore, that has to stay in the hardcore forum, despite being as related to hardcore as I am to Gandhi.
I may be a total prick, but that doesn't mean I'm not right.

Or at the very least, at the risk of making it inadvertently sound like I'm taking this way too seriously, it doesn't mean we should just let other people's personal biases become the rule. The Metal forum is for heavy metal/death metal/black metal and all according subgenres therein (like melodeath, power metal, techdeath, etc). Metalcore and deathcore? Hardcore forum. Just because some douchebag elitists look down on these genres doesn't mean it's bad to like them or that they suck or are somehow inferior.
Last edited by Delanoir at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by Delanoir
I may be a total prick, but that doesn't mean I'm not right.

Or at the very least, at the risk of making it inadvertently sound like I'm taking this way too seriously, it doesn't mean we should just let other people's personal biases become the rule. The Metal forum is for heavy metal/death metal/black metal and all according subgenres therein (like melodeath, power metal, techdeath, etc). Metalcore and deathcore? Hardcore forum. Just because some douchebag elitists look down on these genres doesn't mean it's bad to like them or that they suck or are somehow inferior.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
The rules on this forum are strict enough already without us mods having to close Waking the Cadaver, Suicide Silence and numerous other band threads, these bands are more than welcome here, in fact I'd encourage some open-mindedness amongst you lot.

I'm sorry Max. Were you talking?
MA says it's Melodic Death/Metalcore, so as far as I'm concerned that qualifies it to be allowed here. Can't do any harm anyway.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
I still stand by what I said, but I will say there's no point in getting worked up buy this at all. So I'm letting it go.

After all, it's just an online forum, arguing is ultimately an exercise in futility where the farther one falls down its perilous rabbit hole, the only greater they appear to be a complete and total douche canoe.
They aren't the most talented band I've seen, but their stuff is well written and pretty catchy. I'm not a big fan of the vocals. I haven't listened to The Resting Sonata yet, but I'm a fan of their old stuff, so we'll see.
Their former guitarist Maxxwell and I went to high school together, he graduated the year before me. But I believe he's in other bands now.
Good band, I like them.
Glad to see you Mag posting some Deathcore 'round here
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
I didn't like the first album, but I'll take a listen of the new stuff
Facebook.com/Notafluke
I like them no matter which forum they belong in
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Meh, not really doing anything for me. anyways.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Haha I knew this was gonna turn into a genre argument again....
Anyways, I don't like the high screams. They remind me of Oli Sykes. Whom I do not care for.
RF are schweet. Breakdowns tbh get bland but I love the vocals.
He has a good range.
Crucify.Kill.Rot is a deathcore classic IMO.
nice find jack! their pretty damn good! his high's remind me of bring me the horizon's high's!
"We carry death out of the village!"