Me and a mate are gonna be jamming a bit in a while but its just the 2 of us, him who is a drummer and myself being a guitarist.

What are some good songs the two of us can learn where it will still sound decent without a bassist or 2 guitars? Mainly towards modern rock, classic rock and blues
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
The White Stripes
The Black Keys

My brother and I do the same. We do some Wolfmother songs too, but I pull double duty on those, guitar and keyboard, but we also do "The Ocean" by Zeppelin.

Its really just finding songs you both like and trying to make it work.

Edit: I also pump my **** through both a guitar amp and a bass amp with different settings. I find it helps cover the lacking low end.
Last edited by Joe-White at Jan 28, 2009,
ahk cool thankyou. Dont have a bass sequencer and not a really a worth while investment i dont think. Its more for fun than for potential gigging or anything
Gear
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
again theres the cost aspect. Im just trying to keep things simple but ive been looking at some 3 piece bands which will help. Ovbviously not bass but not a huge problem. So i guess im looking at:
Muse
ZZ Top
Rush
Cream
Wolfmother
and then 2 piece bands so the white stripes.
Any more suggestions are encouraged
thankyou
Gear
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Quote by les witty
again theres the cost aspect. Im just trying to keep things simple but ive been looking at some 3 piece bands which will help. Ovbviously not bass but not a huge problem. So i guess im looking at:
Muse
ZZ Top
Rush
Cream
Wolfmother
and then 2 piece bands so the white stripes.
Any more suggestions are encouraged
thankyou

I don't know about playing Muse, Rush or Cream without bass. Even with something to give you more bottom end, it's going to sound like something's missing. I'd definetily try to get something to fill out the bottom end even if the bass line isn't prominent in the original recording.
Last edited by Sylvanus at Jan 29, 2009,
LIARS! by iron lung :P
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Probably some nirvana, they only had a three piece, and the bass and guitar played the same parts.
Alice in Chains - No Excuses
Led Zeppelin - Rock & Roll

Anything that can be played with just one guitar.
Believe it or not, whenever me and my drummer are bored we play old UnderOATH covers. Really helps our endurance to since they have 10 minute songs.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?