Page 1 of 3
Is it just me or are there a lot of people on UG that come on here just to argue semantics? This especially goes on with certain 'i art holier than thou 'cause thy knows more theory than thee' people. Do you think they actually have no friends in real life so it makes them feel important to be the big man of the forums?

Noone will probably respond to this and this probably isn't even the right place. I want to name names and call people arseholes for thinking they're big online. This is a vent of my frustration/pity for these people.
cool, shutup newb, your an 09er lol

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

But now arn't you trying to be the big man? Couldn't we call you an arsehole for abusing the arseholes online..?

MIND****!
I think that's just how society is in general, love.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Ikonoklast
Do you think they actually have no friends in real life so it makes them feel important to be the big man of the forums?

It certainly does. The internet is serious business, after all. To be fair, though, I am universally right about everything maybe.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Dude use the profiles. Usually people are nicer there. They are to me anyway.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Maybe peruse the forums before joining, then?

I've been reading for years, it seems to be a recent thing.

cool, shutup newb, your an 09er lol

Prove my point much? 09'er? Hah. My length of time being on a site makes my opinion worthless? I bet i can play guitar better than you, so you = fail.

But now arn't you trying to be the big man? Couldn't we call you an arsehole for abusing the arseholes online..?

MIND****!

No, because i'm not trying to personally put people down because they genuinely don't know something.
I am also somewhat disappointed this isn't a thread about the various anuses found on UG. Way to be deceiving =[
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
I am also somewhat disappointed this isn't a thread about the various anuses found on UG. Way to be deceiving =[

Well you can take a photo of your bumhole if you want

Edit: After realising you're a girl, i retract the previous statement for the fact that it makes me look like a perv.
Quote by Ikonoklast
Well you can take a photo of your bumhole if you want

It's okay; I could never pull a goatse.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Ikonoklast

Prove my point much? 09'er? Hah. My length of time being on a site makes my opinion worthless? I bet i can play guitar better than you, so you = fail.

No, because i'm not trying to personally put people down because they genuinely don't know something.

Your detector appears to be broken...
Quote by Ikonoklast
Is it just me or are there a lot of people on UG that come on here just to argue semantics? This especially goes on with certain 'i art holier than thou 'cause i know more theory than thee' people. Do you think they actually have no friends in real life so it makes them feel important to be the big man of the forums?

No one will probably respond to this and this probably isn't even the right place. I want to name names and call people arseholes for thinking they're big online. This is a vent of my frustration/pity for these people.

I especially hate the Grammar Gestapo.

SHEdit: Every time I look I see something else. Way too much fun, this!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by goest
Your detector appears to be broken...

Well i'm entitled to be a prick after some kid tries to ridicule me because i've only been registered a month. Nevermind the fact i was reading when he was still in nappies.
I found a picture of you:

YOUR A BLACK METAL TROLL.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
that's how the whole Internet is. Because of anonymity, you can have fun pissing people off, do and say things you wouldn't normally say, and hone your argument skills for real life situations, and you don't have to feel bad about it because nobody knows or cares. Besides, through arguing, if you're on the losing side and you aren't a complete prick about it, you can lose something new. That's what I hope to gain out of lost arguments. Again though, it's the Internet. You can do whatever the hell you want.

tl;dr - INTERNET: SERIOUS BUSINESS
Quote by vintage x metal

and TS, its usually just the pit allstars that give UG its atmosphere, but if you go into the other forums outside the pit you'll find some cool people,

the pit is this a place that you can come in and out of like a comma, when your in it, no pain, no suffering, unless your the TS, but when you're out of it you feel so much happier for the experiance (i've never been in a comma though)

oh and avoid the music subgenre forums you'll have some troubles there too unless your a music anthropologist and know the dissection of music genres back to about B.B. King

EDIT - by cool people (paragraph 1 last sentece i meant the other cool people on UG not in the Pit the people in the pit = win)
/editsuckup
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Last edited by F8iscruel at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by JoshXXXXX
that's how the whole Internet is. Because of anonymity, you can have fun pissing people off, do and say things you wouldn't normally say, and hone your argument skills for real life situations, and you don't have to feel bad about it because nobody knows or cares. Besides, through arguing, if you're on the losing side and you aren't a complete prick about it, you can lose something new. That's what I hope to gain out of lost arguments. Again though, it's the Internet. You can do whatever the hell you want.

tl;dr - INTERNET: SERIOUS BUSINESS

Touche, but at the same time do you not think this could be covering for real life inadequacies?
Last edited by Ikonoklast at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by Ikonoklast
Well i'm entitled to be a prick after some kid tries to ridicule me because i've only been registered a month. Nevermind the fact i was reading when he was still in nappies.

...So, you're detector really is broken...
This thread makes me want to kill myself. Congratulations.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Ikonoklast

a)It's not a recent thing, it's gone on since I was a member, but since I hadn't gained my waterwings, it was a lot better back then than now

b)Sarcasm.

c)The moment you try to put yourself above ANYONE, even if they deserve it, you're trying to make yourself something you're not. You ARE putting people down. Now shut up, don't make any more lame threads, and stop crying already, none of us care, even the hugging thread only do it to support their heroin habits...
Quote by vintage x metal
It's okay; I could never pull a goatse.

Anyone could pull the goatse guy. Once your famous for having an arsehole like a windsock you can't be too choosy about potential partners...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Ikonoklast
Is it just me or are there a lot of people on UG that come on here just to argue semantics? This especially goes on with certain 'i art holier than thou 'cause thy knows more theory than thee' people.

the reason people argue theory so vehemently is that the devil is in the details. There is a HUGE difference between a "i" chord and a "I" chord, or between the Ionian mode and the Aeolian mode... you can't tell someone the wrong chords for a particular key and expect them to learn anything.

i admit i'm one of the regulars in MT, and I and some others get a little exasperated when we keep seeing the same questions asked, the same bad advice given, and when we correct someone and provide the right info, the "what makes you so smart" arguments begin.

long story short: we only get "holier-than-thou" when someone posts totally wrong info and doesn't even try to back it up. an example would be when someone asks what key something is in, and some jackass says "it's in G Mixolydian," which isn't even really a key, and the one-sentence answer is not only incorrect, but fairly cryptic and/or confusing... stuff like that.
Quote by Ikonoklast
Read my above post, apologies haha.

No offense taken; it's not like you'd be serious either way.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Ikonoklast
Touche, but at the same time do you not think this could be covering for real life inadequacies?
yes, quite possibly.
Quote by magicninja_
You do yourself no favors by broadcasting that it gets to you. The Pit and UG have always been this way and always will be this way. Deal with it or move on.

Well, to be honest it's not like i log off the internet and think about it. Just while i'm at UG. You have people that don't know what they're talking about trying to treat you like an idiot about something because their online clique will think they're cool/funny. It's laughable really. Example: I posted in the metal forum, and had some guy who likes system of a down and slipknot telling me i don't know real metal
ide beat your newb ass in a guitar battle you sillybum 09er

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Quote by Ikonoklast
Is it just me or are there a lot of people on UG that come on here just to argue semantics? This especially goes on with certain 'i art holier than thou 'cause thy knows more theory than thee' people. Do you think they actually have no friends in real life so it makes them feel important to be the big man of the forums?

Noone will probably respond to this and this probably isn't even the right place. I want to name names and call people arseholes for thinking they're big online. This is a vent of my frustration/pity for these people.
I think you're just pissed off because I know more theory than you

Just kidding, I completely agree. People are all arseholes.
Quote by goest
...So, you're detector really is broken...

haha

His detector's absolutely fucked
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Ikonoklast

There have been more and more of these wankers, TS. 2006 was a bad year for this sort of attitude.

I just laugh, and move on.
Page 1 of 3