So in few months i should have about 800AUD
I'm keen on getting a new guitar for Drop C/B because it is a hassle tuning standard to drop c/b to c tuning, then back down etc..

I play Metalcore/Progessive Metal

Throw guitar suggestions at me! I don't want Floyd Rose.
Posts w/ pictures would really help

Thanks a lot whoever contributes.

I have Orange Crush 30R w/ Boss Hyper Metal.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
What guitar do you have, it maybe a better idea getting a new amp first. But if you want you could save another 200 and get the Epiphone Les Paul Standard (only 50 over budget) or Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (which is 200 over budget). Just my two cents.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
ummmmm, save another 100 bucks and get a gibson flying v 67' reissue second hand, no need to thank me
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
I have a Jackson JS1 Dinky, i really don't want 2nd hand cause most my stuff is and i just want something new for once, just to have uno.. the feeling
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jan 28, 2009,
I was going to get that, i don't really like Ibanez RG's necks tbh.

Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jan 28, 2009,
well in that cause i would go for the ltd. littlephil why wouldn't you go for an epi exactly?

Quote by RCA1186

^ guess someone has too
hardtail RG's, mid-level ESPs, mid level jacksons. the list goes on.

although, personally i reckon 800 bucks won't get you anywhere amazing in Australia, trust me.

and to the guy who suggested get a new amp, shame on you for suggesting to replace an orange.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

its a crush its not tube. unless i am missing out on something with orange solid states.

Quote by RCA1186

^ guess someone has too
still, oranges are top knotch amps, if i had one i would never replace it.

this is what you should be looking at according to the exchange rate, but a few of those are making me think my math is wrong, or they have damn good prices at MF.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/solid-body-electric-guitars?N=100001+306241+10
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

I know orange are good but i would replace for a tube amp. Just my opinion.

as for the exchange rate, www.xe.com is your friend. Basically you looking $550 US for our friend. Yeah MF has good prices especially compared to our aussie shops.

Quote by RCA1186

^ guess someone has too
my math said 571 exactly, but now i'm being picky, lol.

compared to alot of solid state amps, i reckon that the crush is a pretty good amp, however SS vs Tube, Tube always wins out, but in the end i would upgrade to an orange anyways so.....
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

Orange tiny terror ftw. Back OT Bucketmark I would suggest looking at the ltd above us, but like everyone says please do go try before you buy.

Quote by RCA1186

^ guess someone has too
Some sort of Schecter? There's a couple of stores on Ebay with decent shipping options to Australia. I just bought a C-1 Classic, $1100 Aus shipped. That's a bit out of your range but you might find something.
an old favourite around here was the RG321 and thats what i'm backing, ticks all the boxes man. failing that i think the hardtail dinky in the MG series (jackson) probably goes for around 800
I'm gonna join the "new amp" group on this one.The Crush may be an orange,but it's still a cheap SS amp.Come to think of it,didn't this thread already happen a couple days ago and ended with TS deciding on getting an amp?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

The DK2T if your not interested in the RG321. DK2T from jackson is about 200 over budget. Comes with Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz. Worth a look. Yay someone Prognut agrees with me

Quote by RCA1186

^ guess someone has too
Last edited by Besa-Moogie at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by Besa-Moogie
The DK2T if your not interested in the RG321. DK2T from jackson is about 200 over budget. Comes with Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz. Worth a look. Yay someone Prognut agrees with me

Indeed I do.It's common knowledge that your amp comprises the majority of your tone,so you can throw as many nice guitars as you want at a low end SS amp and your tone will still sound like a low end solid state amp.I just think a new amp would get TS the most improvement in his rig/sound for the money.By the time he has the cash together Peavey should have the new 6505+ combo for sale,which would fit the bill perfectly for what sound he wants.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

For those suggesting he get a new amp...i hate this about UG! If he wanted a new amp don't u think he'd be asking for amp suggestions? And he specifically said he wanted it cos he cbf changing tunings (which can wreak havoc on your guitars neck anyway) from standard to drop C etc, which is a perfectly legitimate (and good) reason to get a 2nd or 3rd axe... Seriously...people ask for guitar suggestions and 5 douchebags are like "what amp do u have, the amp makes more difference", then predictably proceed to dog his current gear in favour of something tube...

There's an 08 Schecter Hellraiser Avenger in the Blackburn Billy Hydes in Melb going at 759 AUD (mngr's special). That's probably the best value you will find.. I swear Australian retail prices on guitars and guitar gear must be determined by ppl that smoke alot of crack...eg, LTD Alexi laiho 600 costs $1100 in the US, or from japan an edwards (better made) could be shipped here for under $2k easy, but how much does it cost in our local shops ---> $3175 AUD ---> wtfomgbbq!

For Drop C or lower i would personally recommend an Alder body for more brightness, as i've got my C1 Blackjack ATX FR (sd blackouts) in Drop C and it's all mahogany and is very dark sounding, very bassy. Also, tuning that low, active pickups and a 25.5 scale are your best friend.
Last edited by yenners at Jan 28, 2009,