One of my friends has been on the look out for good deals on amps to help me find one. Yesterday he was at a pawn shop and they had a Peavey 5150 for $339. I didn't get to see it for myself, so I'm not sure what condition it's in. Apparently it's just the head. Also apparently the grill said it was a 5150+, but I've never heard of those. Any info on this amp head and whether or not it's a good deal?
Go there and check it out, if it is real, that is a sweet deal which you should take. But make sure you go there and try it out and make sure everything is fine on it, personally I can't see it not having faults at that price.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Go there and check it out, if it is real, that is a sweet deal which you should take. But make sure you go there and try it out and make sure everything is fine on it, personally I can't see it not having faults at that price.

Yeah, that's what I was expecting too. I checked eBay and they're going for more than $339. I'll give it a shot. I don't have any cabs or anything and according to my friend it was just the Head, wasn't hooked up to any cabs or anything.
As soon as he said the price I would have drove down there.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Jump on that NAOW!
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by nebiru
As soon as he said the price I would have drove down there.

Quote by Soul Eater
Jump on that NAOW!

With responses like this, I think I'm going to head over there right after work tomorrow.
So pretty much my friend is a complete and total jackass. It didn't say $339. It said $799. How he missed that is beyond me. And it wasn't a 5150+. It was a 5150 II. Still a good/decent deal? Or no?
Quote by Vittu0666
So pretty much my friend is a complete and total jackass. It didn't say $339. It said $799. How he missed that is beyond me. And it wasn't a 5150+. It was a 5150 II. Still a good/decent deal? Or no?

not a bad price, but not a deal i'd jump on honestly. you can get original 5150's used for way less.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Theres no such thing as a 5150+... I think he means 5150 II. My 6505+ treats me well and I ended up paying $2000 CAD for it new. Anyways if you haven't plugged into it I think you should, and give it a good old try.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by grifff
They make a 6505+ which is basically the exact same thing as a 5150 but with a different name so they dont have to pay EVH royalties.

Wrong

5150 = 6505

5150 II = 6505+
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
I got a 5150 and a Marshall 1960AV for $600 at a pawn shop. I got lucky because I saw it in the back and asked him how much they wanted for it. The guy hadn't done his research on it yet so just gave it a once over and gave it to me for $600. If he had gone on ebay for 2 seconds I wouldn't have got that deal. $399 would have been a sweet deal. $800 is about right especially for a 5150 II.
Stuff I use:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey 5150 (Signature)
Marshall 1960AV