Okay, my new head, Peavey Windsor, just arrived but I haven't got a cabinet for another two weeks ... How can I test my Peavey Windsor without breaking it to see if it is in working condition and so I can give the eBay seller I bought it off feedback?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
You can't unless you have a cab. Otherwise you risk blowing the output transformer, which wouldn't be good.

If you have a combo amp, you might be able to disconnect the speaker and plug it into the Windsor, but don't be cranking it or you might blow the speaker.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
GangsterLi? with a name like that I'd never guessed you played guitar
Mark G has a good idea
Rockin yo face off!!!
Country+Rap=Crap
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by EJD
Guitarists aren't like other men. We are awesome
Go to the music store and tell them you want to try out different cabs with your head because you are interested in buying

Then when you try them all out, grab your stuff and run out laughing like a maniac saying "HAHAHA FOOLED YOU ALL!"
Quote by pooflinger069
GangsterLi? with a name like that I'd never guessed you played guitar
Mark G has a good idea

well, guitar is an amazing instrument so why not learn it? :P and i like punk and hiphop so i thought i would learn guitar because it looked fun

Quote by Chaosinborn
Go to the music store and tell them you want to try out different cabs with your head because you are interested in buying

Then when you try them all out, grab your stuff and run out laughing like a maniac saying "HAHAHA FOOLED YOU ALL!"

that is a good idea
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by eurotrashed
Just plug headphones into the back. Works for me.

Nope

If the amp doesn't have a DESIGNATED jack that is clearly marked "headphone(s)", don't plug headphones into it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
sucki sucki 5 dorrar.
I'd test it to be on the safe side.
Tell him that he'll get his feedback when you've tried it out.
This
Quote by Chaosinborn

and that
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

TS-make sure when you go to store that the ohms match.

Don't risk f'ing up a new head by plugging headphones into it. That would be an epic waste of hard earned money should something happen. While I don't know for sure if anything would happen because I would personally never consider it, the risk alone is not worth the potential outcome. Just go to a store and try some cabs.

Congrats on the Winsdor. I hear the head is much better than the smaller wattage combo.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.