It depends.What do you plan on using it for and what amp will it be running through? It's better to look at your rig as a whole when upgrading instead of just one aspect of it.In general it will be a better guitar than the Jackson though.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I make to many threads, there is so much running through my mind haha.
I am playing through a Orange Crush 30R and Boss Hyper Metal, if was going to purchase that guitar i can sell my Hyper Metal + Left over cash to get a nice distortion.

If i don't get that guitar i can get a bugera 6260 combo with an attentur(sp?) but that leaves me with a crummy dull guitar.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Amp will help your sound more than a new guitar, Bugeras have a pretty good rep; try your JS through one in a shop and see what you think.

Or split your budget, get a decent amp and better guitar than a JS?

How much exactly do you have to spend?
I have about 920AUD from birthday + selling my pedal.
I want a 2nd guitar for different tunings, yano?

I'm going to bed now, be back around 3PM.. it's 1:53AM now.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Amp will help your sound more than a new guitar, Bugeras have a pretty good rep; try your JS through one in a shop and see what you think.

Or split your budget, get a decent amp and better guitar than a JS?

How much exactly do you have to spend?

This man speaks the truth!

If you want an improvement in sound quality - New amp

If you want an improvement in playability and feel - New guitar

Of course a new guitar will give you slightly better sound quality through the crush,and a new amp will make your guitar seem like it plays better because it will sound better and encourage you to play more,but that is just a basic overview of how it goes.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

The Ibanez is way better, your amp is good though so if your happy with it and just need better distortion get a better pedal (OD might be better) and get whatever guitar you feel to be better
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
an amp will improve your sound tenfold but at the end of the day its just a box, if you find a guitar that feels like nothing else in your hands and will inspire you to play more go for that, the amp can come later.

that would be a HUGE step up from what you have, Ibanez S series are the only ibanezs i like but they are great. id also check out some ESPs, Jacksons and these
http://www.interstatemusic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10051&langId=-1&productId=900235900
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Thanks guys, but i don't really see much of a need for a high watt tube amp for bedroom playing when i cant even crank my orange passed 2.

Even low watt tube amps in Australia run over 1000AUD and i couldn't really crank them either.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
i have a 333xl 212......GODLY!
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
That wasn't much help devit...
Quote by slickerthnsleek