so i have this PA system with 2 one speaker cabs i guess and a head. i only have one cable for the PA head to go to the cabs rather than 2 so now im stuck with a cab. i have a HUGE ****ty ass line 6 spider iii (i know) and the volume randomly goes down. so i need a new amp. would i be able to plug an amp head into the leftover cab thing?

i probably sound stupid
F*CK EMO

what :
1. budget
2.style
3. something we might need to know (just in case... it can be anything)
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
well i was planning on buying a crate flexwave head. its cheap and it sounds pretty good. but im asking if i would be able to plug the head into this PA cab. the cab is peavey, idk what model, its pretty old
F*CK EMO

Quote by die4deathmetal
well i was planning on buying a crate flexwave head. its cheap and it sounds pretty good. but im asking if i would be able to plug the head into this PA cab. the cab is peavey, idk what model, its pretty old

oh for the love of god (not quoting vai) . dont get that amp. its a piece of ****. its loud. but its like placing 3 walls of insulation before u get the sound. seriously, that thing is a piece of muffled ****. my friend had it for a school gig. and i was about to blow my brains out from the tone and crappines of his playing. its just as bad as an mg. its probably not as good as ur spider

rant over:

seriously:
Budget,
Style.

then we (or i at least) can point u in some directions
Member of the Laney Cult

alright, sorry. i played it at guitar center and it sounded alright, maybe not at high volumes though.

budget: $500
style: death metal
F*CK EMO

willing to go tube? if u are, then ur budget needs to get stretched. otherwise, ive read that the randalls will do ur style easy
Member of the Laney Cult

Quote by die4deathmetal
my budget could be stretched a little, but i dont want to spend 1500 bucks on an amp head

when did we ever say you needed to spend that much? about the cabinet, is it powered? how many ohms is it?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
i dont know anything about the cab. the head is at my drummers house with the other cab. it doesnt say anything on the cab either. and to top it off, im an amp retard. i dont know what an ohms is and i dont know how to tell if its powered or not. sorry. it has 2 plugs in the back, i believe theyre bigger than 1/4 inch cables, but im not sure. i just want to know if i would be able to plug an amp head into it
F*CK EMO

there is writing on the ports. just hook it up. its like its colour coded. though what head is that? also, does anyone know about those randalls?
Member of the Laney Cult

Quote by die4deathmetal
i dont know anything about the cab. the head is at my drummers house with the other cab. it doesnt say anything on the cab either. and to top it off, im an amp retard. i dont know what an ohms is and i dont know how to tell if its powered or not. sorry. it has 2 plugs in the back, i believe theyre bigger than 1/4 inch cables, but im not sure. i just want to know if i would be able to plug an amp head into it

well we dont know whether you can use an amp with the cabinet or not unless you can give us some info. so find out more about it, and tell us, before you buy an amp head, plug it in and blow it up
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.