I want to try this type of music, but I'dont know any scale or chord progression used frecuently, can somebody tell me something about this? (the sound that I'm loocking for It's like Metallica and Megadeth)
Last edited by jj-lewis at Jan 28, 2009,
there are no progressions
make a few sick riffs in E or A minor, piece em together, play a lightning fast solo and u have thrash
listen to whiplash and hangar 18 as a reference
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Last edited by Sakattack75 at Jan 28, 2009,
Penta solos is your answer, and dorian mode... Riffs in E, A, D strings. This is the only few things that I know...
Trash theory? I believe the idea behind trash is to get rid of things that you dont want anymore...

THRASH, with and H, is a different story. Look into the different types of the minor scale (melodic, harmonic, natural), those are the main ones I think. Learn those, intervals, etc. and then just mess with them (but when you do this, make sure you're aware what you're doing) until something sounds good and then work from there.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
THRASH, what you're trying to play is THRASH not trash. and there are no chord progressions or scales "used frequently" aside from the minor scales and blues scales, this type of music is generally more technical than normal pop/punk stuff.
Quote by JWD32792

THRASH, with and H, is a different story.

****! how can I forget It?! Ok, but when you speak spanish isn't rare to have mistakes like that
Thanks a lot for your answers. No progressions? I didn't think this would can be so easy. I'll try with the scales that you put here, let's see what happens
Quote by jj-lewis
No progressions? I didn't think this would can be so easy.
Having little in common from song to song makes this harder, actually.

I suggest developing the ability to write songs like Brown Eyed Girl and other simple songs before you try writing the next The Four Horsemen; you've got to crawl before you can walk.
It's not like thrash uses I-IV-V-ii or something.
In general, a lot of songs are in E (or whatever the lowest string is tuned to). The E is used as a pedal point for executing riffs and emphasizing various scales. Common ones are Minor, blues scale, phrygian dominant, Locrian (Slayer). Slayer also likes to emphasize the tri-tone, etc. To get a good knowledge, you should analyze some songs.
i think the reason TRASH is called TrASH is because locrians last name was TRASH, so yea, makes sense...

^wtf?
Quote by Sakattack75
there are no progressions
make a few sick riffs in E or A minor, piece em together, play a lightning fast solo and u have thrash
listen to whiplash and hangar 18 as a reference
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.