Hi, I was wondering if there are any basses that have a built in stereo output. I used to think that the Rickenbackers were stereo but one of the employees and the Long & McQuade said i would need a adaptor or some thing. Any help is appreciated.
Seriously, f*ck off with the R.I.P Dimebag bullsh*t, you dont see the bass forums going R.I.P Jaco everytime some one mentions him!
Ricks do have a stereo output. If you plug in a stereo cable then one pickup will be one side and the other on the other.
Not all rics are wired in stereo, but all the ones I've seen have been. He was probably talking about a y-adapter so you could use two cables. At one point, rics actually had dual outputs, which means that each pickup had its own output jack.

The only other bass I can think of that's stereo is the Yamaha Billy Sheehan sig. Functionally, it's a P-bass with a mudbucker at the neck.
http://www.yamaha.com/guitars/products/productdetail/0,,CNTID%25253D60027%252526CTID%25253D600012,00.html
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Jan 28, 2009,
Aw man... both of those basses are ridiculously expensive. Thanks for the help, are there any others that might have stereo?
Seriously, f*ck off with the R.I.P Dimebag bullsh*t, you dont see the bass forums going R.I.P Jaco everytime some one mentions him!
If you want a bass in stereo and it has two pickups it's not a complicated mod.
Would how to do that be in the customizing forums right?
Well, do you want an output from each pickup, if so simple wire up a vol\tone for each and then have them going through two outputs. I dont really se the point in this unless you have two amps to run this into.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Last edited by fatgoogle at Jan 28, 2009,
i have a line 6 175 (bleh) and recently bought a fender bassman 59 reissue, i was thinking of putting the neck pickup through the 175, and the bridge through the 59.
I presume you have a jazz or something at the mo'
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
yup MIM Jazz Bass.