I've heard horror stories of necks snapping. i am mailing it through ups and i am shipping it in the case. when its in the case it doesnt even budge at all and there is a piece that supports the neck, so im thinking of just leaving it in the case, nothing more inside the case, just outside packaging. heres the link to the pics. i know you cant post ebay links, but the auction is over and im posting it just so you can see the photos. thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=160310476538
I have shipped guitars before for eBay buyer with no problems. I make sure to use bubble wrap in the case where there is space and then in the box which the case is in, I use more bubble wrap to fill the empty areas. That way the guitar does not move in the case and the case does not move in the box.

And of course, lot's of 'Fragile' stickers on the box and pay for the insurance.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Bubble wrap is your best friend when shipping a guitar.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.