Poll: Should this band change their name?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should this band change their name?
Yes
27 79%
No
7 21%
Voters: 34.
They're called Brave New Sound. I'm considering managing them and I'm thinking they should change the name cause it doesn't really feel like a solid band name and doesn't really fit their music. I asked them how they felt about it and they admitted to not being fully happy with it but "nothing else has come up."

Should they stick with this one or should I tell them to think of something different?

myspace if it helps - http://www.myspace.com/abravenewsound
They're basically early Green Day meets Protest the Hero.
Yeah, i think they should change it. It's ok as a name, not great, but not bad, but abbreviated it's not making me happy. BNS just doesn't look or sound right to me.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
They name makes them sound like a bad indie band (all of them, in other words).

Also, their name is fundamentally flawed - Copying greenday isn't brave and it isn't new, and if they're as bad as greenday then they won't have much going for them as far as sound goes, either.
Quote by decayingdave
They name makes them sound like a bad indie band (all of them, in other words).

Also, their name is fundamentally flawed - Copying greenday isn't brave and it isn't new, and if they're as bad as greenday then they won't have much going for them as far as sound goes, either.

You're a cunt.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
they arent bad should consider a new vocalist
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Dude they don't really just sound like Greenday meets Protest the Hero.

Timed Solutions - Early Iron Maiden

The Executioner - Black Album Metallica

See You In Hell - Theres your Greenday

Still Spins - Sounds like your generic heavy punk, Protest the Hero, Suicidal Tendancies

It's Not The Last Time - This one's different, it sounds like an old UFO track pumped up into a punk song

Brave New Sound could work because the sound is a great mixture of these old bands (except for Protest I think). The name just isn't very catchy and as said before it would suck abbreviated.

They could just name the band Timed Solutions because that's probly the strongest track on there as well as the EP name
When I hear that name, I'm expecting a band with a really revolutionary sound. (somehow, probably one that I wouldn't much like...like the guy above who said a really bad indie band...) If we're getting something relatively mainstream, I think it might be a disservice to them to keep the name.

Add to that the fact that they're not really amped on the name anyways...

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.