how many people think that some obscure games would sell, as in a lacrosse video game or perhaps some other sport or activity that has a huge following would get recognized by the gaming world. whats the haps?
Quote by karateguy29

thin mints pwn
If there was ever a thread on this before it was probably closed, seeing as there's a video games thread.

A lacrosse VG wouldn't sell because the only people who follow pro lacrosse are lacrosse players, current and former. NHL and Madden games sell so well because most of those sports' fans are regular people.

You answered your own question with the word obscure. Could something obscure sell? Of course, people are eccentric as hell. Would it sell well? No. It's obscure, most people wouldn't think to look it up.

Anyone ever see this? I seen it in a shop but I actually thought it was a dream
Quote by Taxi_06
Obscure Indie Band Hero. Complete with a whiny emo kid for a controller.

lol why did i laugh at that?
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Black Metal singstar.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by vanshaya
Black Metal singstar.

lmao.. i can just imagine it
Check out Populous: The Beginning, Hogs of War and Tomba/Tomba 2.

Insane games that flopped when they should have sold billions.

Oh, they need a real guitar hero...
...from the audience perspective.
Y'know, ride the bus to the gig, get overcharged for tickets, shit yourself waiting for the toilets to open...
Quote by skeptopotamus
If there was ever a thread on this before it was probably closed, seeing as there's a video games thread.

A lacrosse VG wouldn't sell because the only people who follow pro lacrosse are lacrosse players, current and former. NHL and Madden games sell so well because most of those sports' fans are regular people.

You answered your own question with the word obscure. Could something obscure sell? Of course, people are eccentric as hell. Would it sell well? No. It's obscure, most people wouldn't think to look it up.

well actually that lacrosse video game thing is not true because well not all people who follow lacrosse are players.

Whose to say that people wouldnt love this type of game it could have a huge fanbase what with all the next gen console stuff
Quote by karateguy29

thin mints pwn