im looking for a new guitar and am looking at the FX400/1 but my friend keeps saying to just get a low end ESP like the EC-50 and put EMGs on it, is this a good idea or would a higher end model be better?

thanks
You get what you pay for really.

The more money you spend, the better the guitar.

Your friend is a tool by the way, EMG's aren't the cure for everything.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by jamiemc1
im looking for a new guitar and am looking at the FX400/1 but my friend keeps saying to just get a low end LTD like the EC-50 and put EMGs on it, is this a good idea or would a higher end model be better?

thanks

fixed, and NO! don't get an ec-50 and put emg's in it.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I had a friend like that, hes a dumbass, no offense, anyway go with a higher end, its not 100% the pickups that make the sound although it is like 80% lol, its also the wood, the craftmanship. So go with a higher end, you'll be more satisfied.
Smart Pothead and Proud
I would go with the higher end one for the better quality and because it is probably going to play better then a cheap one. You can always upgrade the pickups in the better one too.
BEEP

<_<

>_>

Beeeeeeeeep
Get the EC 1000 **** the 50 seriously save your money up and buy an instrument that will last you the rest of your guitar playing career
Quote by jamiemc1
im looking for a new guitar and am looking at the FX400/1 but my friend keeps saying to just get a low end ESP like the EC-50 and put EMGs on it, is this a good idea or would a higher end model be better?

thanks

Don't take this the wrong way,but your friend doesn't know wtf he's talking about.Go with the higher end guitar,it will have better build quality and overall sound than a cheap guitar.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.