so i got myself a Rocktron Nitro Boost based on the price from MF and the reviews here:
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Rocktron/Nitro/10/1

i play thru a Mesa V-twin into a Mesa 50 Cal+ at living room levels with moderate amounts of gain.
i put the boost in front of the V-twin, and even with the Boost dial on 9 o'clock all i get is added noise.
do some setups just not take clean boosts well?
I don't know much about that pedal - but you shouldn't have that problem. Try turning the Boost all the way to '0' and Level to '10' (if it has a level)

Make sure it has a fresh battery and clean power supply.

Could be a bad cable or insert jack.

??
no idea but i haven't had a problem with any setups i've used clean boosts with...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
a clean boost does what it says on the tin..it boost your volume while retaining clarity. sounds like something is wrong with yours.. you should notice a change in gain level.