hey I seem to have a problem with pinch harmonics on the low e string, I can let them ring out, but they don't seem to be nearly as 'powerful' as they are on the other strings? any suggestions?

I'm using a squier strat and a roland cube btw.
Use bridge pickup, and pump up the gain, and practice.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Quote by Omgitstheflood
hey I seem to have a problem with pinch harmonics on the low e string, I can let them ring out, but they don't seem to be nearly as 'powerful' as they are on the other strings? any suggestions?

I'm using a squier strat and a roland cube btw.

i learnt to make my low e pinchies more powerful by practicing HIM's "Kiss Of Dawn" and a think it was Slipknot's "Duality" ... God, I hate Slipknot
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Mikeyb is right on the money, bridge pickup, crank the gain, and lots of practice.
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
bridge pickup, check your technique (that is a common problem; i'm not insulting your playing), and maybe your strings are dead. A nice new set of strings will help a lot if your harmonics start to seem kinda .... bleh

edit: you don't need gobs of gain to make pinch harmonics, it does help get them louder, but you don't need it.

ex. second solo to Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd.

David doesn't use gobs and gobs of gain, he does use EMG's, but i use passive SD's and can nail it with the crunch channel of my XXX with no problem
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Jan 28, 2009,