Ok so i am trying to use a edirol mixer with logic pro but whenever i put the core audio on it i dont get any sound coming out of the speakers but if i put it to the digital out i get sound but not from the guitar and it shows no recording either, the sound is just coming from the metronome. Can someone please help me so i can hear the guitar?
your gonna have to explain the situation a little better than that man
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
Alright sorry about that. Ok so logic can not find the Core audio and when i click enabled i go to devices and choose Edirol and when i apply the changes i hit record and it records everything but there is no sound coming from the computer at all not even the metronome but when i change the device to the built in input/output it doesnt record anything from the Edirol mixer. so i want to be able to play but also hear the music and the metronome
Whats an edirol mixer? Do you mean edirol interface? I can't really help because I can't see what's there.

EDIT: Oh, check apple>system preferences>sound and make sure your output is built-in output (I think that's what it's called).
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Jan 28, 2009,
Unfortuntley you can only have one input/output device from logic at the same time so you can't use the core audio for listening AND the edirol for recording. You'll have to connect headphones to the output of the edirol if you want to listen to yourself while recording.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
Unfortuntley you can only have one input/output device from logic at the same time so you can't use the core audio for listening AND the edirol for recording. You'll have to connect headphones to the output of the edirol if you want to listen to yourself while recording.

Not true, just use the aggregate device.

Go to audio midi settings (just spotlight it) and then hit the audio tab up the top, select aggregate device and then select all edirol AND built in output, save it and then select that in logic

Aggregate devices are apples best kept secret