hey guys,
so i was looking at the epi goth explorer, explorer is my second fav shape, next to the RR, and i was gunna buy the RR3, and this explorer anyways, but i will be able to afford the explorer first, so i was wondering what you guys thought, if it helps i play alot of doom/death/black/melodic death/ and thrash metal with alot of slow depressing cleans. so will it fit my needs well?
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
yah im getting randall RX120RH half stack haha, im useing the money left over, and thanks for the reply
ಠ_ಠ

I've got the prophecy and love it I think you'd be better with a Jackson Kelly or the Ibanez equivalent.
get the Explorer, and add some EMG's to it, you will be set for any Metal....
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
I keep almost buying them cause I like the shape but then back off because it's not my style. Cool guitars that sound great though!
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Quote by YoHendrix
get the Explorer, and add some EMG's to it, you will be set for any Metal....

haha i was thinking on slapping some EMG's in it.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by stephen_rettie
a new amp will fit your needs better, and not as well as the rr3 i dont think.

he doesnt want a new amp

and epi explorers are good
actually look at the epiphoen futura, which is like an explorer with emg's and its made for metal (and theyre a really good price for the features you get). besides that yeah, you do need a new amp. i used to have a roland cube and theyre pretty cool but never would i say theyre equipped to do death metal...
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
I have a friend who has an epi explorer. Personally speaking I hate the thing, crazily unbalanced in terms of head to body ratio, uncomfortable and not nice to play. It does sound great though, but personally i'm not a fan.
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie
actually look at the epiphoen futura, which is like an explorer with emg's and its made for metal (and theyre a really good price for the features you get). besides that yeah, you do need a new amp. i used to have a roland cube and theyre pretty cool but never would i say theyre equipped to do death metal...

yah i know its got some great tones and everything but i run my MT-2. great death metal tones.
im not a fan of the futura shape for some reason.
and ill be getting a new amp anyways.
ಠ_ಠ

I've never come across an Epiphone Explorer that I didn't think was epic. I've played the Goth and Prophecy ones as well as my own Korina, and they're all extremely versatile, playable guitars.