Hey guys, I'd like some help if at all possible.

I have a friend who's in a recording class and he's looking to record an 'upbeat rock song' with a female background vocalist. I'm heading up the group, and picking the song, so my question is...
What song would be appropriate and fits the criteria?

I'll be singing and playing the guitar btw.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Paramore.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm a male vocalist.
get high and cover the great gig in the sky, the vocal solo will be lulz
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
do some rob zombie.
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
There are times during "Dreamin" by Weezer and "Memory" by Sugarcult where it sounds like the background vocalist is a chick.

In reality it's just a guy singing in falsetto, but whatever. I'd recommend "Dreamin". It's got some cool co-lead vocals during the bridge.
Quote by BrokenBricks
get high and cover the great gig in the sky, the vocal solo will be lulz

Lol, oddly enough, that was my first thought as well with Great Gig in the Sky. I don't think that's quite an 'upbeat rock song' though.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
anything by anberlin, like godspeed or paperthin hymn or something. the background vocals aren't female but it sounds like it sometimes.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Some John Frusciante possibly? Or some RHCP, because John sometimes sounds like a chick even though it's just falsetto. Maybe Can't Stop? I know it's not one of their best songs, but it's really popular and a lot of people would recognize it.
Then there is only one solution OP, you have to take your friend down ta that thur china grove by them doobies brother
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
I really like the 'Dreamin' suggestion, haven't heard that song ever and I think it'd be a nice fit. I should mention too that background singing in the song CAN be male, it's just that a female will be singing it.

So like, all the suggestions where there's a background vocalist singing falsetto would definitely work.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Arcade Fire? Maybe a bit difficult to cover accurately without 15 people or not rocky enough.
Speaking of RHCP though, I think Under The Bridge would be a great choice. Some awesome higher vocals towards the end of the song. It's more choirish though than just one background singer.
Coil-Opeth
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮