i have about 150GBP to spend on pedals. so what do i get im already getting a vox wah-wah, i dont need distortion (very hapy with the 1 i have). fx im thinking of

delay
tremolo
phaser
reverb
chorus

and im open to suggestions....

also how much they cost and where you reccomend i get them from would be useful. also if you could rate them on various aspects much apreciated
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
whatda ya play?
id say tremolo, the stereo pulsar by ehx is nice, and its about 80
or some delay, is always pretty gnarly
Depends a lot on what style of music you play and what gear you already have, but here's what I recommend. Delay: depends on whether you want analog or digital. Digital I recommend EXH Echo #1, Analog I recommend MXR Carbon Copy. Digital delays will have longer delay times than analog. The Echo #1 has a 2 second delay time. Phaser, I recommend MXR Phase 90. Best phaser I've ever used. Chorus look into the EHX Small Clone. Tremolo effects vary quite a bit, and it depends on what kind of sound you're looking for. If you want a vintage tremolo sound, I recommend the Guyatone pedal. Otherwise, I'd look into the Boss (this is probably the only time I'll recommend a Boss pedal ). I use my amps reverb, but I've played the EHX Holy Grail reverb pedal and it sounded good.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
Depends a lot on what style of music you play and what gear you already have, but here's what I recommend. Delay: depends on whether you want analog or digital. Digital I recommend EXH Echo #1, Analog I recommend MXR Carbon Copy. Digital delays will have longer delay times than analog. The Echo #1 has a 2 second delay time. Phaser, I recommend MXR Phase 90. Best phaser I've ever used. Chorus look into the EHX Small Clone. Tremolo effects vary quite a bit, and it depends on what kind of sound you're looking for. If you want a vintage tremolo sound, I recommend the Guyatone pedal. Otherwise, I'd look into the Boss (this is probably the only time I'll recommend a Boss pedal ). I use my amps reverb, but I've played the EHX Holy Grail reverb pedal and it sounded good.

Thanks for that I have an epiphone les Paul and a roland cube 15x. I play a lot of metal blues classic rock hard rock progressive rock a little indie etc. So of my 150 about 40-45 on my wahwah I'll look into tremolo this weekend and maybe wait a bit on the others
Quote by Vauxite
Quote by Mitchell?
No need to put more effects into a Cube.

Just save the $150 for now.

why?
Quote by Vauxite
^^^ And pedals usually don't sound too good with modelling amps. Just save up the cash for something more useful.
Flanger. I bought the MXR EVH (ewww) one. Its kind of nice having a different sound available with the push of a button. Its one of the better one's I've tried. Good for blues, at least in my opinion.