Traded my Crate V18 212 for it. The OD doesnt seem as Brutal as I thought it would be. I have to still play around with it maybe I can figure it out. Ive been looking for a Manual online but cant seem to find one maybe someone could help me out with that.

Nice amp, hit up MatrixClaw and IbanezPsycho for settings. I think you need to set the mids pretty low on these amps.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I had the volume knob down on my guitar. LOL...Brootalzzzz...Goolz will be hating me. I only paid $190 for the V18 so I think I got a great deal.
Last edited by Titans36 at Jan 28, 2009,
After playing my new amp Ive come to the conclusion that this thing is a BEAST. Its alot more versital than I thought. You can play almost anything! The cleans are great and the Gain is thru the Freakin roof. I can get decent rock and blues tones also. The reverb is ok and the chorus is ok.

I'm not sure what somethings do like the high and low inputs or the polarity switch but I'll figure it out. This amp is really all I need. I came across it by putting an ad on Craigs List wanting to trade my Crate V18 for a amp.

A guy called me yesterday saying he had the Ampeg and would be interested. I really couldnt belive it at first but today he came over with it and now its mine. He said he plays punk and the amp wasnt his style. Ive looked over it well and it seems in fine condition. all the knobs work with no scratching and the speakers are in great condition. I cranked it for about 10 min to see if any problems showed up and all seems well.

I'm really worked up about this amp as you can tell. Hopefully Ibanez Psycho can help me figure somethings out.
Quote by Titans36
After playing my new amp Ive come to the conclusion that this thing is a BEAST. Its alot more versital than I thought. You can play almost anything! The cleans are great and the Gain is thru the Freakin roof. I can get decent rock and blues tones also. The reverb is ok and the chorus is ok.

I'm not sure what somethings do like the high and low inputs or the polarity switch but I'll figure it out. This amp is really all I need. I came across it by putting an ad on Craigs List wanting to trade my Crate V18 for a amp.

A guy called me yesterday saying he had the Ampeg and would be interested. I really couldnt belive it at first but today he came over with it and now its mine. He said he plays punk and the amp wasnt his style. Ive looked over it well and it seems in fine condition. all the knobs work with no scratching and the speakers are in great condition. I cranked it for about 10 min to see if any problems showed up and all seems well.

I'm really worked up about this amp as you can tell. Hopefully Ibanez Psycho can help me figure somethings out.

Congrats man..

Polarity switch is mainly to fix noise issues. And the high and low inputs are for active and passive pickup usage just like any other dual input amp.

Chorus is a little different then your usual so that might take a bit to get used too. Also for cleans I usually have a little reverb mixed in with a little chorus gets me some vice Jazz Chorus tones.

Lets see for br00talz I like to keep my gain around 4.5-5 and usually set bass and treble to taste then turn the mid knob till like the tone. The mid knob is not your normal knob its more like a contour knob and the amp is naturally mid heavy. Think of it this way 0-5 is modern metal 5-10 is classic metal. It takes some getting used too but once you master it the versatility goes through the roof. Its almost like having a third channel with different voicing. So dont be scared to scoop because in the end your not really scooping unless you have the knob at like 0-1 lol

Hope that helps..
Sweet, nice find!

My settings on the distortion channel are:

Highs: 8
Mids: 7
Lows: 6
Gain: 5
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
There are like 2 of these on my local CL. I really want to pick one up but as usual I'm strapped for cash.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
There are like 2 of these on my local CL. I really want to pick one up but as usual I'm strapped for cash.

I'll trade you my VH-140C head and either of my 2x12s for your F-50
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Sweet, nice find!

My settings on the distortion channel are:

Highs: 8
Mids: 7
Lows: 6
Gain: 5

Same settings here.. lol

Only thing that wanders is my mid knob depending one what im trying to accomplish..
Quote by MatrixClaw

Living in st louis, there is always at least one of these on my craigslist, or in a pawnshop or at a garage sale or something.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by imgooley

I want a little combo
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

HELLS NO!!! I love my amp. I just want more. He is lonely and doesn't really get along with my Behringer practice amp. (I think he knows that he is better then the little Behringer, but the fact that the Behringer is played when I am at school makes him jealous...)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
HELLS NO!!! I love my amp. I just want more. He is lonely and doesn't really get along with my Behringer practice amp. (I think he knows that he is better then the little Behringer, but the fact that the Behringer is played when I am at school makes him jealous...)

Awwww

I guarantee the Ampeg will do teh br00talz better!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

I want a little combo

Didn't I call dibs when you first got it?
Goolz did. But I don't just play teh br00tz. I like a lot of indie, alternative stuff and my F-50 is gonna stay with me. Actually, there is someone selling one for $650 on the F-Series lounge in my sig. Good try though MC Now if you were offering a Bad Cat BC-50.....you would have something going....maybe...or I could just run the Mesa and Bad Cat in stereo
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by imgooley

But you don't have an F-50!

Quote by LaidBack
Goolz did. But I don't just play teh br00tz. I like a lot of indie, alternative stuff and my F-50 is gonna stay with me. Actually, there is someone selling one for $650 on the F-Series lounge in my sig. Good try though MC Now if you were offering a Bad Cat BC-50.....you would have something going....maybe...or I could just run the Mesa and Bad Cat in stereo

If I buy a Bad Cat head shell and put it inside, will you be happy?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Nope, sorry, you ain't gettin' dis!!!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Any recommendations for amps or pedals or models that sound similar to the VH-140C?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Any recommendations for amps or pedals or models that sound similar to the VH-140C?

Only thing close to this amp is this series of amp... Any SS-140C, SS-150 or so on will sound close to the VH-140C. But thats it, the only amp that comes close and with only one similarity is the Jazz Chorus. And im pretty sure your not looking for cleans when you go out looking for this amp lol
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by imgooley

Goolz I hope you get one soon or atleast one of the many amps your GASing for
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Only thing close to this amp is this series of amp... Any SS-140C, SS-150 or so on will sound close to the VH-140C. But thats it, the only amp that comes close and with only one similarity is the Jazz Chorus. And im pretty sure your not looking for cleans when you go out looking for this amp lol

Booo-urns.

I guess I'll keep hunting.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by STABxYOU
Booo-urns.

I guess I'll keep hunting.

You can pick VH-140Cs up for pretty cheap used, trying to emulate it with something else is kind of a waste for the price you can get them
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ If you can find one. I've yet to find one for sale near me.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!