I looked in the FR guide that's stickied and I couldn't find exactly what I needed, same with searching.

I have an Ibanez RG4EX and it's equipped with the Edge III tremolo system. I was trying to find out exactly how to lock the tremolo bar into the tremolo. The manual says that you put the bar in the tremolo and the tighten the screw on the back. I did that and it did not stay locked in. The diagram in the FR guide showed a diagram and it looked like it should "snap" into place when it's completely in but after trying to push it in, I never felt a snap and it never stayed locked. I tried loosening the screw, inserting the arm, then tightening it back but no luck. Any help?
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
It should just push in, no screw tightening of any kind is needed. You may be using the wrong bar if its not fitting.
It just pops in it only really comes out if you are trying to get it out
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Shred-Hed
It should just push in, no screw tightening of any kind is needed. You may be using the wrong bar if its not fitting.

Hmm....I have the bar that came with the guitar, it fit's it just doesn't lock. There's a groove cut into the short part of the bar where it looks like it should be able to lock it. It might be the wrong bar though, I guess someone at the factory could've done it.
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.