I've been looking for a new amp recently. I've been leaning towards and Orange Rockerverb 50. I play mostly hardcore, metal, and some screamo. Ive been looking at reviews and everything online, and stumbled accross the Randall amps with switchable modules.

The concept is really amazing, but how do they sound. This would be great if I could spend $300 on a new module rather than $3,000 on a new amp.
Has anyone tried these or have any other suggestions on good amps?
Please dont mention any modeling amps (cough, line 6).

I love the tone from underoath, and other bands such as: as I lay dying, devil wears prada, silverstein, bring me the horizon etc. I know the most pop amp would prob be the jcm800 but the single channel kinda sucks, and everyone owns a marshall. Thanks for any suggestions, and if anyone has any clips of them playing from a Randall id love to hear how they sound.
Quote by adyingpassion
I know the most pop amp would prob be the jcm800 but the single channel kinda sucks, and everyone owns a marshall..

JCM800's are one of the most sought after and highly regarded Marshall amplifiers, but will not do the tones you want (modern metal).

They come in two channel versions too.

Not everyone owns a marshall.

Look into a Peavey 5150/6505 second hand if you wanted it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I've heard good things about the Randall amp with switchable modules, but it is quite expensive.
I have a pretty loose budget so the price of either the jcm800 or one of the randalls is in the right range. What about the rockerverbs? and im not sure what you mean that the jcm800 wont give the tone im looking for? Underoath Devil wears prada, and silverstein all use jcm800s.
JCM 800's are fine, as long as you are able to turn them up to full to get the great distortion sound. If they aren't heavy enough for you at quieter volumes then buy a booster pedal.

Rockerverbs can go from Marshall terretory to very heavy guitar sounds, I think that they are brilliant.

Try out all three and go from there.
I have a pod xt that I would prob use to through a tube screamer infront of w.e amp i got along with other effects. I'm def. going to try to test drive all but I havent seen any of the randalls around my area(state college pa) and who knows what module to get. I guess I am leaning towards the rockerverb but the idea of the switcheable modules seemed amazing. maybe too good to be true. it would be nice if each module had a good tone. One resembling a marshal, one with a messa sound, etc. Hmmm. Wouldn't that just be the end all amp????
Quote by adyingpassion
it would be nice if each module had a good tone. One resembling a marshal, one with a messa sound, etc. Hmmm. Wouldn't that just be the end all amp????

Well I've heard people acclaiming it as an amp that is great with all the modules. I'm sure you can hear people playing through the majority of the modules on youtube. I like the concept that if you don't like your amp channel you can just buy a new one.

Quote by adyingpassion
I'm def.

Maybe painting would be a better hobby to pour money into?
Check out the SL+ module- it's supposed to do that hotrodded Marshall sound quite well. The Randall amps themselves are pretty good although the reverb on the combos is worthless IMO. There's a site with clips.
Yeah i feel the music due to my deafness. Sorry im lazy and didnt wanna type definitely.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The egnater details sounds like what I was thinking with the randalls, but much betetr put. They actually say: this module sounds like a jcm800/plexi, and this one like a dual rect.

thanks acdcrocks0323 and ameer, Ill def. be doing some research on these. Does anyone know of any shops in pa area that may have one of these I could try?