Hi, does anyone else think that this sounds good as an overdrive? I put it on low gain and put it through an already mildy distorted amp setting, its good for early metallica sounds.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
well...I guess I don't lol... just wondering if anybody else does this
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
i use is as a boost and tone for my cranked LC30 and it kicks ass! Distortion level like, 9 00 and level full. fat fat sound
its a nice pedal eh? I use it one a marshall jcm 800 model (vox valvetronic) with full gain, and then set the pedal to about one quarter gain and use it as a boost
I got a Hot Head on Ebay for $19 a while back. Its ok, but it can't simulate (or compare to) a good overdrive. That's not what the pedal is for. The Hot Head is an angry, trebly sounding distortion pedal that sounds to me like the tone of a lot of 80's metal bands. (That's not a bad thing) It sounds "JCM 800ish" to me. Mine is weird because the volume goes up as the bass is turned up, not sure if it's supposed to do that or not but it otherwise works perfect. I run mine at full level, treble & bass around 1:00, and gain around 1:00.

I have a Digitech Hot Rod which IMO sounds better than the Hot Head.
hmmm, its a matter of opinion