Hey guys!

I'm lead guitarist in hard rock band and I just inherited a **** load of money and I'm getting a new amp with it.

Now, I've narrowed it down to a Mesa Rectifier but I'm not sure whether to get the 50W or the 100W and a 2x12 marshall 150W

Will the 50W be able to get over another guitar, drums and bass? For solos and what not?

Or will it be just as loud as my 100DFX (piece of ****)

Thanks.

Rock on!
Get the single!!! You'll never actually need 100 watts unless you're playing Stadiums. And trust me, 50 watts of tube power will DESTROY your mg100dfx in terms of volume. Plus they're cheaper, so you'll have more money for other gear.

Also, check out Avatar cabs if you're looking into 2x12's. You can pick out your own speakers when you buy one.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Last edited by FlightofIcarus at Jan 28, 2009,
the 50w will be 2 to three times louder than the marshall, and will sound better as you crank it, although I'm pretty sure the dual recto has a slightly different sound to it... although I couldn't tell you what it is.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
What's your style and ideal budget? I'm sure there are better options out there than the rectos
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Another vote for the Single Rec
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by rvlationmachine
mesas suck, get an engl or a 6505

You're an idiot.
He doesn't want your options, he wants you to choose between the two because he's well aware that the Rectifier series gives him the tone he wants.

Assuming the threadstarter is a "he"

Regardless, my vote goes for a Single Rectifier. Cheaper, and more efficient in terms of volume.
Check out the Mesa Roadster also...they're pretty sweet.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by rvlationmachine
mesas suck, get an engl or a 6505

Yeah, Engl's are cool as well. Give them a listen if you haven't already. Plus they are German so you can assume it won't break down on you. The fuel consumption is surprisingly low as well.

Anyway, my first vote is still on the Single Rectifier, as 100 watts will costs too much and you won't be able to use it for a long time, till you're gigging in stadiums (and by that time you'll be able to afford 10 new amps).
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Yeah, Engl's are cool as well. Give them a listen if you haven't already. Plus they are German so you can assume it won't break down on you. The fuel consumption is surprisingly low as well.

Anyway, my first vote is still on the Single Rectifier, as 100 watts will costs too much and you won't be able to use it for a long time, till you're gigging in stadiums (and by that time you'll be able to afford 10 new amps).

You can use a 100watt amp wherever you want. It's fine for bedroom practice with volume at 1 or 2.

Remember, 50 watts is NOT half of 100 watts.

100watts
------------ = 10watts
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I'm not recommending the Single because of it's wattage. It just simply sounds better.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION