So this summer i will be getting a job- 10 bucks an hour i'd say 25-35 hours a week, and i want to be firmly decided on what i will be buying so i don't go and buy something that i don't want. Keep in mind about half of this money will go towards guitar stuff because I really have nothing that i have to be saving for other than gas + insurance for my car next year.

I play:

Chili peppers stuff
Hard rock/metal- avenged sevenfold
shred-y stuff- joe satriani, etc
a tad of blues soloing

I know that i want a mexican strat for single coil sounds, but i am considering a new amp for next christmas that i'll start saving for although I'm happy with my VK for now

so any helpful gear related suggestions are welcome- gear is in sig
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Last edited by DaddyBarbs at Jan 28, 2009,
maybe a new jsx combo amp. possibly a tubescreamer of some sort for now to tighten up that vk.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
I've got a BM to tighten it up- has almost same circuitry as a 808, but thanks

A new JSX combo? my friend bought one half priced for 800 last week, so if i do buy a JSX (Which i am seriously considering) i'll buy it used. There is one on the used GC ads on guitarcenter.com for $799 :O
My gear:
PRS SE custom
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
If you're going on like that kind of job is actually something special, you're probably 15 years old and by the time summer comes around you won't even be listening to any of those bands and probably won't even play guitar anymore so just save up for your first car.

Sorry if the truth hurts?
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife
If you're going on like that kind of job is actually something special, you're probably 15 years old and by the time summer comes around you won't even be listening to any of those bands and probably won't even play guitar anymore so just save up for your first car.

You are such a horrible person...but i lol'd
you don't know why you will be saving?

save, and when it comes to your mind what you REALLY want, get it. you don't need anymore gear, you have a good valve amp, and a PRS, you DON'T NEED ANYMORE!!!

so save, and when you want anything, buy it, but never ask others what you shopuld want! man, that's crazy!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Havok that was a bit harsh but can be true. Im only 14 but guitar is my ONLY devotion. Theres literally nothing else. If this dude is really passionate about music, and is good enough, he will probably carry on playing.

Anyways moving on...Daddybarbs get the mex strat- there cheap and decent! and youve got a PRS which you can just shred the balls off with- you can keep the amp, sounds decent and save the rest for ur car. But if youre in a band, aim to try to get a decent amp/cab combo if youve got the cash. (i dont!) It depends on your decision, its good us giving you advice but at the end of the day whos decision is it? make one that you'll like for yourself.
Quote by HavokStrife

1) my parents love me so i am getting their old car. Sorry if you have to work for nice things because your parents live in a trailer, or they don't love you, but i'm set. And don't tell me I'm spoiled- my parents worked hard in college and are doctors and are fortunate to have lots of moneyz, not my fault your parents are highschool dropouts.
2) I have been playing 1.5 years now and have no intention of stopping
3) You are a fag
4) Been a fan of this music for YEARS
5)you are a fag
6) Please do everyone a favor and just leave this forum because you obviously don't have helpful advice, or you could do your parents a favor and kill yourself- either way.

thanks
My gear:
PRS SE custom
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by Sudaka

save, and when it comes to your mind what you REALLY want, get it. you don't need anymore gear, you have a good valve amp, and a PRS, you DON'T NEED ANYMORE!!!

so save, and when you want anything, buy it, but never ask others what you shopuld want! man, that's crazy!

This.

Try to save up, it's gonna be better than earning it all to blow it and find out there's something that you want more when you haven't got the money.
Quote by Sudaka

Calm down.

The Valveking isn't even that good unless the speaker is changed because the stock speaker is a piece of ****. A preamp tube swap would be a good change, too.

Plus, his PRS is an SE, it's not like he has a PRS 513. There's still lots of improvement that can be had.

Honestly, I'd say get yourself a nice British voiced amp. You already have a an American voiced amp (Have you changed the speaker + preamp tubes? If not, then do that instead), might aswell get an amp more suited towards rock and medium gain shred.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by DaddyBarbs
1) my parents love me so i am getting their old car. Sorry if you have to work for nice things because your parents live in a trailer, or they don't love you, but i'm set. And don't tell me I'm spoiled- my parents worked hard in college and are doctors and are fortunate to have lots of moneyz, not my fault your parents are highschool dropouts.
3) You are a fag
5)you are a fag
6) Please do everyone a favor and just leave this forum because you obviously don't have helpful advice, or you could do your parents a favor and kill yourself- either way.

thanks

Wow owned. But anyway, the Peavey JSX is a great amp, and is the most versatile peavey amp between the 5150, 6505, and the JSX from what i heard, (or was that the xxx?) It will be alot louder than your Valveking though so if you get that be ready.
Quote by DaddyBarbs
3) You are a fag
5)you are a fag

thanks

WOW. You just pwned yourself and don't even realize it.

Guess what, my parents were dirt poor and still gave me my first car. It's only showing you their love if it really hurts their wallets.
Besides, we've all been your age before and know exactly what it was like. Maybe saying next year blah blah blah was a bit of a generalization or a exaggeration, but it's the truth.
Don't act so butthurt over life, he didn't mean it in a bad way, just came off snide or even a little hateful.
All you've done is showed how little respect you deserve by responding in such a way.
Now go ahead and act all butthurt over this post also, or salvage a little respect and don't.

And enjoy your sheltered life, although living in such a way leaves you less prepared for the road to come when you're finally done growing up. Just enjoy what you got, cause it could very well be gone tomorrow. (and yes I know this advice is in vein, none of us EVER took such advice when given to us when we were your age either.)