hey ive decided that i want a new amp for in my room...been using the mg forages :| and its decided to blow up basically so new amp time for me

i play hard rock and some metal as well

looking to sped about £100 or so on it

any advide would be great
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
vox advt xl series is pretty good and is designed for me heavy metal whils including some of their classic amps
Don't get a line 6 spider. Get a small tube amp and a distortion pedal, it will keep you around £100 and you'll get great tone.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
Quote by pretanga
try a line 6 spider for metal but i like the valvetronixs

You're on UG

Quote by wildwildwes594
Don't get a line 6 spider. Get a small tube amp and a distortion pedal, it will keep you around £100 and you'll get great tone.

This
Quote by wildwildwes594

what sort of tube amp...i can never find any cheep ones at all
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote by tom_1106
what sort of tube amp...i can never find any cheep ones at all

anything up to 20w for practising, I have a behringer AC108 Vintager tube amp (15w) and it's ok.
whats so wrong with the spider? *confused* is it cause its a modelling amp? I would have got a massive 50W marshall if i could but it'd devour my bedroom. So yeh the line 6 is good for a bedroom. why do you need a 30W tube amp in youre bedroom anyway? the sounds gonna surround you and damage ur hearing. + i only have to put my line 6 up to 1/2 of 1 to annoy my dad.
Quote by Glenn Guitar
whats so wrong with the spider? *confused* is it cause its a modelling amp? I would have got a massive 50W marshall if i could but it'd devour my bedroom. So yeh the line 6 is good for a bedroom. why do you need a 30W tube amp in youre bedroom anyway? the sounds gonna surround you and damage ur hearing. + i only have to put my line 6 up to 1/2 of 1 to annoy my dad.

Even a 15W at full volume in your room can damage your hearing
Line 6 spiders suck, imo, because they are poor quality, poor effects, break easily etc. Do not buy one. Buy a Kustom Tube 12 , I have one and I love it. It is also more than loud enough for practicing.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
Quote by northman
line6 spiders kick ass! thats an ignorant comment.

Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by northman

someones got a spider and is desprite to defend all of them...the only advide id give is stay away from the mg...tho youve had that experence already...and the spider there both about the same...maybe try a smaller vox or that vox pod thing that plugs into your headphones, havent used one but ive heard that those things are great if you dnt wanna disturb others and if your parents are like mine they bitch anytime i pich up the guitar...might go get myself one of them lol
over the year and a half that iv been living with the spider 3 75 is that the distortion isnt amazing but the clean tones are amazing. and it gets a descent rock tone as well. dont hate, masturbate.
Quote by northman

I'm going to put that in my sig later.

Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
yeah u do that then go upstairs in ur moms house and play iron man over and over again poser!
Quote by northman
dude ur nockin spider and u play a harmony!now thats funny!!

Man, you are knee-slappingly hilarious.

The Spiders are one of the worst amps for the price. Get a Peavey Vypyr 15w. MUCH better.
If its just for practice, get a line6 POD and some headphones... Don't confuse them with spiders as they are MUCH different...
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ