I have two stand up basses and I know nothing about them. Are they usually expensive?
I want to sell one and buy an bass guitar.
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
do you mean an upright bass/double bass?

and they do cost quite a bit, it obviously depends on what model it is though.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Nope, they're worthless. Send them to me, I'll take them off your hands.

But seriously, you'll need to know what model and/condition they're in.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
your house must be massive to be able to leave two double basses idly lying around.
there in not great but not bad condition. I dont know what kind they are i looked but i couldnt find anything. i saw despiau on the bridge
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
it looks exactly like this one here
http://www.lemur-music.com/double_bass.asp?bass=30
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
Lol originally when i read this, i thought it was like a comedian with a bass doing pop slap like seinfeld

But if its a ****ing double bass, its wirth alot of money
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Whats the difference between a double bass and a regular stand up one?
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
so then its worth alot? since it is a double bass?
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
There are lots of cheap double basses out there too. You can buy brand new crappy ones for $800 us. There's not a lot any of us can tell you without more information about the make/model and condition.

Take the one you want to sell to multiple string instrument shops so that you can get some competative quotes. Then tack about 50% on top of the highest quote and sell it for that on craigslist.
Well the writing on the bridge is just the brand of th bridge.... any other writing on it/them?
I am me. Live with it.
It's hard to say how much they're worth. If they're 300 years old origin unknown you'll probably get 4 years of college and 3 more of medical school out of it. If it's just a garbage beginner one from a pawn shop, you might only get $500 for it.
Look inside the F holes and see if there is anything on the inside of the back piece of wood, thats a good spot to check for make/model etc.
What I want to know is how you ended up with not one, but two uprights in your house.
Quote by anarkee
What I want to know is how you ended up with not one, but two uprights in your house.

I second this.

I would consider selling my car to obtain an upright.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE