Alright guys, is there a special name for when a major chord in a key is made minor for one bar?
The progression in the piece I have to analyse for my essay goes like this(with the arrows indicating a bar):

C ----> Fmin6 ----> Cmaj -----> F6/G, G7

So basically I've got a I chord, an altered IV, I again, then a IV to V. But is there a special name for that altered chord? I don't think it really counts as a modulation, and it does this a few times in the song.

You're just borrowing from the parallel minor.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Yup, parallel minor. There are several other chords you can borrow in such a way, the more common ones being a bIII and a bVII.