I'm learning a new piano piece... I've played for a couple years now, but I've come across something I don't remember, or haven't seen before

the key is in g major, and at one part the treble clef plays f, and bass clef plays a natural f

does the treble clef become naturalized for that measure too? it sounds good both ways... so I'm not sure
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
as you already know, if you're in G major, your F in standard notation should obviously be read as F#. If they've made a point to show that the F in that one measure is natural, then it sounds like they're just adding an accidental, in this case a minor seventh, which gives it a bit of mixolydian sound. As you said, it sounds good both ways, so the natural F is probably intentional if it's in the score.
Quote by kylepianoman
I'm learning a new piano piece... I've played for a couple years now, but I've come across something I don't remember, or haven't seen before

the key is in g major, and at one part the treble clef plays f, and bass clef plays a natural f

does the treble clef become naturalized for that measure too? it sounds good both ways... so I'm not sure
An accidental affects only the note to which it is attached, and only in that octave, and only for the duration of the measure in which it appears.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Can you show us a score? Sometimes a note that is naturalised in a previous bar is assumed to retain this afterwards; I know they technically shouldn't do that, but sometimes they do, because they're lazy.
thanks for all your responses

Quote by anotherbluesguy
Can you show us a score? Sometimes a note that is naturalised in a previous bar is assumed to retain this afterwards; I know they technically shouldn't do that, but sometimes they do, because they're lazy.

I don't have a scanner, and I don't have a digital version so I can't really do that. It's in the same bar though
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22