hey guys, the reverb annoys me a lot. actually when I tip or move the amp (turned on) this loud BOING comes from the reverb section.. way louder than the amps volume. I don't really use reverb so I was thinking of disconnecting it.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Not sure about the Classic 30, but on lots of amps it's just 2 coaxial cables that you unplug.
well don't move it when its on

but seriously it shouldn't be that hard since most amp have their reverb tank out of the amp, so you just remove it
Put it in standby if you move it. It should stop the tank and springs from making noise when you don't want it it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Is this a normal behavior with built in reverb amps? (when you move, the spring sounds)

also if I unplug the 2 cables from the bottom box.. do I just let them loose?

thanks guys!!
it is normal behavior. do not remove the reverb, as you shouldn't be moving your amp when it's on anyway.
Quote by jorgeD
Is this a normal behavior with built in reverb amps? (when you move, the spring sounds)

also if I unplug the 2 cables from the bottom box.. do I just let them loose?

thanks guys!!

Yea, all amps with spring reverb do this. I'm not sure why you're moving it while you're playing. And are you sure you don't want any reverb? It can do wonders for your tone.

You would probably need to somehow connect the cables.
Quote by LaidBack
Put it in standby if you move it. It should stop the tank and springs from making noise when you don't want it it.

there is no standby on the classic 30, so thats unfortunatly not an option here.

if i remember correctly (i have a C30, just not here) then the reverb control just acts as a blend knob. so you could just take the knob off and turn the pot all the way down. then just disconnect and remove the reverb tank. there should just be a send and return wire connecting the tank to the amp, and i would guess you can probably just unplug them. if you wanted you could possibly connect something else in there, like a delay pedal. that way you could have footswitchable delay with a mix knob on the top of the amp. dont know how well that would work exactly, but it could be interesting.
that sounds interesting. However, something else just happened to me.

I played for about 1.5 hours and then the sound started to drop in the dirty channel.. and the tubes were still glowing.. then I switched to the clean channel and started doing it again. I turned off the amp, and tried to replicate it right away but the volume is fine now.

Is it possible that one of the tubes is bad but still glows normally?

thanks