alright so if you were shown how you were going to die. like the Witch's Eye in "Big Fish" and you watched the whole thing and all showing you your death...what if you never wore the clothes in the vision? the situation couldn't be replicated so does that mean that you'd never die or what!?
discuss
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Just die already.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
there is no 'what if ..' because that situation will never occur

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

You would wear the clothes one day by accident and by like "oh shi-"
08'er incognito
even if you could see the future what makes you think you could prevent it from happening?

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Watch Final Destination. Death makes changes.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
I think somebody is a little high right now...

I'm looking at you TS...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Your life would adapt in such a way that you would be wearing those exact clothes and die in such a way.

If your death is predicted, it means there is fate/destiny.
If there is fate, then it's all been pre-decided. Life is just a track which you follow down. Even if you think you're concious of it and try to avoid it, that resistance is all part of the plan.

Sorry if that sounds ridiculously morbid.
Quote by IDread
I think somebody is a little high right now...

I'm looking at you TS...

<_<

>_>

-_-

guilty as charged...

wait...

I'm not TS...
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by an epic mistake
even if you could see the future what makes you think you could prevent it from happening?

because if you never wear that outfit, that point in time can never occur

and to Sashki:
ok but what if in the vision you saw you were wearing a plaid shirt so you just never wore plaid shirts. ever. that seems like a pretty easy thing to do
Quote by Sonicxlover
Last edited by gun4hire at Jan 28, 2009,
Quote by sashki
Your life would adapt in such a way that you would be wearing those exact clothes and die in such a way.

If your death is predicted, it means there is fate/destiny.
If there is fate, then it's all been pre-decided. Life is just a track which you follow down. Even if you think you're concious of it and try to avoid it, that resistance is all part of the plan.

Sorry if that sounds ridiculously morbid.

But if life is all pre-decided why is there such things as decisions?
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Quote by gun4hire

and to Sashki:
ok but what if in the vision you saw you were wearing a plaid shirt so you just never wore plaid shirts. ever. that seems like a pretty easy thing to do

You'd forget about it.

Either that, or Fate would get a memo about it and fuck your life up, son.
Quote by goest
You'd forget about it.

Either that, or Fate would get a memo about it and fuck your life up, son.

there is no way you'd forget that. it was a ****ing vision showing you how you're going to die, you don't just forget that
Quote by Sonicxlover
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
But if life is all pre-decided why is there such things as decisions?

IF the pre-decided theory is true (I personally am not sure what to believe) then all the decisions you make are obviously also pre-decided, and guide you down the path.

You might think "Life wants me to buy orange juice but I'LL BE A REBEL AND BUY APPLE JUICE JUST TO CHEAT THE SYSTEM!!", but you've been programmed to make that choice. You think you're avoiding it, when really, you can never escape it.
Quote by gun4hire

and to Sashki:

Yeah, I was thinking of that. The thing is, your death might be, like, 60 years in the future. Over that time, your mentality and attitude may change. In fact, it probably will. Right now, there are certain things I never wear, and even though I think my habits won't change, I can't be sure about 60 years from now.
Quote by gun4hire
there is no way you'd forget that. it was a ****ing vision showing you how you're going to die, you don't just forget that

Yes you would. Sure, for a couple years you make sure not to wear a flannel shirt. But then Christmas rolls around and your Grandma gives you one for a present. Your family asks you to put it on and see how you look.

BAM!

Dead.
Quote by goest
Yes you would. Sure, for a couple years you make sure not to wear a flannel shirt. But then Christmas rolls around and your Grandma gives you one for a present. Your family asks you to put it on and see how you look.

BAM!

Dead.

lolz, granny is packing?

either way if that happened i'd still be like "**** you guys, i aint wearing plaid ****" and walk out of the room
Quote by Sonicxlover
Quote by gun4hire

and to Sashki:

You'd wake up one morning after an all night binger with a plaid shirt on and get hit by a truck. Duh.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
one way or another, its going to happen
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
one way or another, its going to happen

The only way to avoid death is by being a jelly fish.
^wat
Quote by Sonicxlover
Quote by gun4hire
^wat

There is a thread about a certain kind of jellyfish being biologically immortal.
Quote by tayroar
The only way to avoid death is by being a jelly fish.

Tayroar, I'm sigging this, haha!
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Any Burton film is brilliant, and capable of spawning a paradox.

What if, say, you saw that you died on the toilet, so instead you lived as a bushman for the rest of your life?
You'd either:
a.)Attempt to change it, succeed, and f*ck up the flow of time.
b.)Attempt to change it and be unsuccesful
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by gun4hire

You already know that this event will occur. It WILL occur. If you did something to make it not occur, the change would have already been shown inside your vision, which in turn would make you do the same thing, changing your vision. So, no matter what you see, the seeing of it would cause the future to become invalid, causing it to change and repeat the process.
To be honest, if I was shown my own death, I am postitive that the last thing I would ever notice would be the clothing I am wearing.

It would be more like:

"Hey! Thats me! God, I look hands- wait a second! Why the hell did I just stop in the middle of the road? No! Don't talk to that prostitute on the sidewalk! Can't you see the school bus roaring straight towards you? NO!! Turn AROU--" *splat*
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Normally you would die, however you are meant to die. But if you see how you're meant to die, you will try to change it. So the death that you see, is the death scheduled for you knowing that you're ogign to die so its the death of you trying to alter the future. So, if you try to alter the future, the future is of you trying to alter it, so you can't acutally alter how the future will play out.
^which is why thats exactly what you have to pay attention to
Quote by Sonicxlover