I own a Fender 2008 American Standard Strat, and lately it's been making this weird noise, like a ''whoosh'' noise, if anybody understands what I mean, how do you eliminate this problem?
Cheers
''Quietly turning the backdoor key
Stepping outside she is free.''

My Equipment =

Fender 2008 American Standard Stratocaster
Vox ADVT15-XL
Aria ASP-30
record a clip of this whooosh noise, as i dont have a clue atm
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
It's hard to capture the whoosh as I have no decent recorder.

My Equipment =

Vox ADVT15-XL
Aria ASP-30
its probably just hum from being too close to electrical sources or something. if you turn off every electrical source near the guitar and stand far away from the amp, does this woosh go away? if so, its just the pickups. if not, then its something else. if it goes away when you touch something metal on the guitar, its a grounding problem. if youve got a phaser/flanger/chorus in your chain, it means that the bypass on the effect isnt that great and some of the sound is bleeding through as noise.
It's not a sound that comes throught the amp, it happens on the guitar itself, with or without an amp

My Equipment =

Vox ADVT15-XL
Aria ASP-30
are you sure its a guitar and not like a chonch shell?

i dont understand how a guitar can make a wooshing noise on its own. wooshing is usually the result of something electrical, and with no speaker im not sure how it would amplify an electrical noise. which means its not electrical. which means im not sure what it could be.
are the springs in the trem cavity banging and making noise?

if so, add cotton in there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011