I searched for this and found nothing so here goes: Everytime i practice i notice that the first couple of songs my strumming wrist and sometimes my fretting hand tightens up, and i mess up the song. After a coupe songs though im fine. Ive been playing for about 2 1/2 years now and yes i do stretch my hands before. Any suggestions/techniques/preventatives?
poop. funniest word ever.
Quote by himynameisangel
I searched for this and found nothing so here goes: Everytime i practice i notice that the first couple of songs my strumming wrist and sometimes my fretting hand tightens up, and i mess up the song. After a coupe songs though im fine. Ive been playing for about 2 1/2 years now and yes i do stretch my hands before. Any suggestions/techniques/preventatives?

It's normal, it takes some time of warmup to loosen the wrist, tbh I think all major bands do warmup before coming out on the stage.
yeah warm up with some stretches etc. do a few scales. Should spend between 30-60minutes doing it before going into playing stuff, at least i find it really helps.
Quote by robl95
buy a powerball

Warmup with a powerball or with a guitar? Hummm... Guitar!

Build strenght and stamina up with a powerball or a guitar? Hummm... Guitar!
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5