I was looking through the Warwick site and I found the Rockbass Fortress FL. It's worth 1074.74CAD, without shipping or anything. My question is whether it's worth it. For that much, should I just look for a second-hand warwick? I want a fretless, but I really don't want one with inlay/fretlines/etc. I could always de-fret a warwick, but I don't want it to look sloppy. And again, I don't want "markings". I also really like the ebony fingerboard ):

I found the price in pounds, and converted it to CAD using XE. So it's a give or take.

http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?submenuID=17072&katID=17065&cl=EN
rockbass is disappointing u can do better for fretless for that price, way better either second hand or brand new
Keep On Keepen' On
another Canadian who dislikes fender what a good day. um schecter stiletto around 900 bucks canadian if i'm not mistaken there awesome basses better then rock bass by far and cheaper to
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by Taygunov

I wish ): Even though it's money I've made myself, I'm not allowed to spend over a thousand. Which is retarded, but okay. Thanks for the suggestion, I really want it

Perhaps I can swing 'er around.

@Delirium: So, rockbasses are fine as long as I'm not also looking at a Warwick?
Quote by Canadian_basser
I wish ): Even though it's money I've made myself, I'm not allowed to spend over a thousand. Which is retarded, but okay. Thanks for the suggestion, I really want it

Perhaps I can swing 'er around.

@Delirium: So, rockbasses are fine as long as I'm not also looking at a Warwick?

I think you misunderstood me. What I mean is that although rockbass is their budget line, they're nothing like Warwicks.
Deliriums right that's why i find them disappointing i bought a rockbass vampyre with high hopes and was disappointed there are worse indeed but i still think you can do better. someone told me deans got a decent fretless but u'd have to try one and decide for urself
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I think you misunderstood me. What I mean is that although rockbass is their budget line, they're nothing like Warwicks.

Yeah, I think I misunderstood. Is it the woods that 'determines' whether it's a Rockbass/warwick? I've heard that it has the same pickups, just different woods and the two-piece bridge.

And I think I'll be staying away from Deans. But thank you anyways
Quote by Canadian_basser
Yeah, I think I misunderstood. Is it the woods that 'determines' whether it's a Rockbass/warwick? I've heard that it has the same pickups, just different woods and the two-piece bridge.

And I think I'll be staying away from Deans. But thank you anyways

It is woods, the construction quality (and some design aspects), the bridge etc.

While a Rockbass is great for the price, they have very little tonal resemblance to a Warwick. They sound good in their own right, but not like a Warwick.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I hear theyve got different necks and a completly different feel, and the generally qualty experience wont be the same.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
new rockbass are getting kinda more warwick style bridges for 09 i believe
Keep On Keepen' On
Well, I didn't think it would be so expensive, to be honest. I found some stuff on ebay, with farily good shipping. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400026274635&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting that one seems the best, but it's over in 4 minutes, and I don't have the money anyways.

edit; it's the corvette standard (fl), which you just mentioned :P
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Jan 28, 2009,
The Fortress is the best of the Rockbass range, in my opinion. If the choice was given to me, £200 for a second hand RB Fortress or £400 for a Warwick Corvette, i'd probably take the Rockbass. But the price you've given for it....just isn't a fair price at all. Who's trying to sell it for that price?

"I found the price in pounds" LOL that's probably why it's so overpriced, don't use £ prices to base your prices on.
Quote by Micehorns
,£200 for a second hand RB Fortress or £400 for a Warwick Corvette, i'd probably take the Rockbass. But the price you've given for it....just isn't a fair price at all. Who's trying to sell it for that price?

That's what the price was on the warwick site ): I said it was rough though, just because it's in pounds and because I live in Canada, not Europe. I really want a plain ebony fingerboard fretless, and Warwicks are awesome. But yeah, I was expecting like, a 630 American price tag.
Quote by Canadian_basser
That's what the price was on the warwick site ): I said it was rough though, just because it's in pounds and because I live in Canada, not Europe. I really want a plain ebony fingerboard fretless, and Warwicks are awesome. But yeah, I was expecting like, a 630 American price tag.

Curbow 4 Fretless, meet somebody who may be interested in you.
^that's sweet looking! How much do they usually go for?

EDIT; that's the first time "show picture" has ever worked. I found the price out myself, seems pretty decent. Plus it has a Bartolini, which I am a large fan of
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Jan 28, 2009,